Omelette or Omelet in air fryer is a fuss-free recipe. Eggs gets perfectly golden and are light and fluffy without being overcooked. My recipe is zero oil and healthy.
I make omelettes or scrambled eggs most days for breakfast. I like my eggs to be cooked just right and not too browned.
In the skillet, they often brown too much for my liking. In the air fryer, eggs are so easy to make like this omelet.
Just put everything you want in your omelette with beaten eggs and air fry. No oil needed either. Though you could add butter or cheese for added taste.
You get a perfect omelette every single time.
You may also like hard and soft boiled eggs in air fryer.
Try these breakfast favourites too: air fryer sausages, air fryer tater tots, hash browns in air fryer, air fryer zucchini, French toast air fryer.
How to Make the perfect Omlette
1. Eggs: Use good quality eggs. I used eggs at room temperature. Though you can use them from the fridge too.
2. Vegetable fillings: You can use finely chopped onion, tomato, pepper, mushroom, chives or green onion, corn.
3. Seasonings: salt and pepper generally suffice but feel free to use dry oregano, Italian seasoning, fresh basil, chilli flakes and garlic powder or minced.
4. Additional: If you like your omelet to be well cheesier, use any grated cheese that you like eg. Cheddar. You may also add bacon bits. Butter tastes great too.
In India, we love our masala omlette that has caramelized onion, finely chopped green chilli, chopped cilantro added to the egg mixture.
Many others like their omelet to have only eggs and seasoning. Go with what you enjoy.
1. This air fryer recipe is oil free. It had no cheese as well so it is very healthy and nutritious. You could add grated cheese or butter if you so wish.
2. Many vegetarians eat eggs so this can work for them.
Take your chopped veggies like mushrooms, onion, garlic, green chillies (optional) and finely chopped cilantro.
Beat together 2 eggs till well incorporated.
Add the chopped veggies along with salt and pepper. Here I have used chopped onion, green chilli, cilantro, mushroom, salt and pepper.
Air frying Instructions
Take your air fryer basket. Preheat air fryer at 200C or 390F for 5 minutes.
Take a 6” cake pan and line with parchment paper. Or use a parchment paper shaped like a shallow pan.
After preheating, place the shallow parchment paper round dish in air fryer. Pour omelette batter carefully inside.
Any round shaped cake tin or mould that is oven safe will suffice if you don't have this.
Shut the air fryer basket.
Air fry at 200 C or 390 F for about 7-9 minutes for perfectly cooked eggs that look golden brown and are fluffy inside.
Carefully life your parchment paper dish or cake tin out using tongs on to a plate. Using a spatula serve on to a plate.
Serve with toasted bread, sausages, roasted potatoes and baked veggies. Or any other way you like.
Your air fryer omelette is ready.
Here's the recipe card:
📖 Recipe Card
Air fryer Omelette or Omelet
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. onion chopped
- 1 tbsp. mushroom chopped or any other veggie of choice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ green chilli minced optional
- 1 tsp. cilantro finely chopped
- ½ tsp. pepper
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp. cheese optional
- Take your chopped veggies like mushrooms, onion, garlic, green chillies (optional) and finely chopped cilantro.
- Beat together 2 eggs till well incorporated. Add the chopped veggies along with salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Preheat air fryer at 200C or 390F for 5 minutes.
- Take your air fryer basket. Take a 6” cake tin and line with parchment paper. I had a parchment paper dish that I used. Pour your egg mixture into the cake pan. If using paper dish, place the parchment paper dish safe for oven use inside air fryer basket and then pour in your egg mixture.
- Air fry at 200 C or 390 F for about 7-9 minutes for perfectly cooked eggs that look golden brown and are fluffy inside.
- Carefully take out the parchment paper dish or cake tin using tongs. Slide off the omelet onto a plate with a spatula.
- Serve with toasted bread, sausages, roasted potatoes and baked veggies.
- Your perfect air fryer omelette is ready.
2. This omelet is oil free. You could add some butter, olive oil or grated cheese to the egg mixture for enhanced taste.
3. The omelet is well cooked and fluffy while being golden brown on top. You need not supervise at all which is my favorite part. 4. Always use parchment paper with food on top or it can fly to the heating element and burn. Never use it during preheating. Also all oven-safe cookware are safe to use in air fryers. 5. This is a super easy and supervision free method of making perfect omelettes at home that are also super healthy.
If you liked this recipe, I request you to leave a star * rating. Thank you.
Sharmila Kingsly says
Omelet in air fryer is really awesome.. Looking forward to try this out soon!!
Is there anything the air fryer can’t do?! This omelette is so delicious!
I completely agree. So very versatile the air fryer is.
I love the idea of making an omelet in the air fryer! Your recipe has inspired me and I'm making this for breakfast tomorrow!
Thank you Jenn. Hope you like it.
I had no idea you can make omelettes in an air fryer! Thank you so much for this recipe! Now I have one more easy recipe I can use an air fryer for!
Thank you Joyce. Happy to help.
Oh wow! I never knew you could make an omelet in an air fryer! Such a fun and very delicious way! Definitely making this recipe again. Such a hit for breakfast this morning too!
Thank you Beth. Glad that you liked the recipe.
Mary Fiore says
I have a Toaster Oven .How do I ma
Key this Omelate
Mary, you can use a baking pan in your oven as well.
Ginny Galsworthy says
Me too i never know that i can do omelette in the air fryer, I'll do it today, thank you for sharing to us..
You're very welcome