Sausage in air fryer are super easy to do. I do both thawed and frozen ones to crispy and brown without any supervision.
My kids love smoky breakfast sausages with their eggs.
It is so much easier to do them in the air fryer where you need no supervision while you make your eggs and toast on the side.
I have done both thawed and frozen sausage links in air fryer. And they are such a delight!
Absolutely come out perfectly cooked and crisp on the outside and juicy and well cooked inside.
Oh yes, they turn out crispy and well cooked with no need to thaw, in air fryer.
In a preheated air fryer at 390 F, it takes about 8-10 minutes depending upon the size of your sausage and type of air fryer. You can do both frozen and thawed sausages in this manner.
Which sausages can you cook in the air fryer?
You can cook all types. I have made breakfast sausages, chicken sausages, spicy ones and Italian sausages so far in my air fryer.
There are minor differences in air frying time mostly because of the size of the sausages.
They turn out slightly crispy outside and well cooked inside.
Frozen ones take about a minute or two more than the thawed ones. So convenient.
Why is it convenient to use air fryer for cooking sausages?
You can do both frozen and thawed sausages quickly and easily in the air fryer with minimal supervision.
Just a little brushing or spray of oil on the sausage is all that you need for them to get browned and cooked and to prevent sticking to the basket.
Air fryer cooks them evenly and perfectly with a nice slightly browned and crispy skin and a moist juicy interior.
Frozen sausages took about a minute or two more. Keep checking them when cooking.
1. If using frozen sausages like I am using these frozen chicken sausages, you can directly add them to preheated air fryer basket for cooking.
Air fryer is preheated at 200 C or 390 F for 4 minutes.
2. You can also use thawed sausages and add them similarly to preheat air fryer at 200 C or 390 F for 4 minutes.
Spray a bit of oil on the basket to prevent the sausages from sticking.
Here I am cooking Italian sausages.
3. Let the sausages cook for about 6-8 minutes till they are nicely done. It takes a minute or 2 more for frozen sausages.
I sometimes make gashes in them when air frying for even cooking. These are the Italian ones when done.
Your sausages may look a bit shrivelled but they are fabulously crispy and well cooked inside.
These are the chicken sausages that were done from frozen.
Pair them with sauteed veggies, hash browns and eggs. Perfect breakfast or meal done.
Here's the recipe card:
Air fryer Sausages
- 8-10 small sausages
- 1 tsp. oil for brushing or spraying
- Preheat air fryer at 390 F or 200 C for 4 minutes.
- Lay sausages in one layer after lightly spraying or brushing with oil. This is to prevent them from sticking to the basket.
- You can also make gashes on the sausages with the knife to facilitate even cooking.
- You can do 8-10 at a time as long as they are in one row.
- Air fry for about 6-8 minutes depending upon the size of the sausages.
- You can use both frozen and thawed sausages for cooking in the air fryer. 2. Small sausages take about 6 minutes in preheated air fryer at 200 C or 390 F. 3. Brush them lightly with oil to prevent them from sticking to the air fryer basket. 4. You could flip the sausages midway during air frying. 5. Time for air frying may vary depending upon the size and thickness of your sausages and the model of your air fryer.
If you liked the recipe, I request you to leave a star * rating. Thanks.