These air fried mushrooms are made using button mushrooms that are commonly available.
This is a quick and easy mushroom appetizer that is keto friendly and healthy.
I love eating stir fried veggies.
With the air fryer, they are done very quickly and are very flavorful.
These mushrooms are seasoned with soy sauce, pepper, garlic powder and olive oil.
They are so delicious when done. Super quick and easy recipe too.
Ingredients for Air fryer Mushrooms
Extra virgin olive oil or vegan butter
Minced garlic or garlic powder
Garnishes like chopped cilantro leaves or parsley
This recipe is already vegetarian.
Just use extra virgin olive oil in case you are vegan.
I preferred it to using vegan butter. It is also low calorie and rich in flavour.
Clean the mushrooms.
Use a damp cloth to wipe off the dirt or wash in a colander under running water.
Keep aside and cut into slices, quarters or halves.
Mix together extra virgin olive oil/melted vegan butter with minced garlic or garlic powder, pepper and soy sauce.
Toss the mushrooms in this and immediately put for air frying.
Preheat air fryer at 180C or 360F for 4 minutes.
Place the mushrooms in one layer in the air fryer.
Air fry for about 4-6 minutes at 180C or 360F for slices and slightly longer for halves or whole mushrooms till nicely cooked.
The mushrooms turn crispy and shrink slightly in size.
The thinner you slice them, the faster they cook.
Garnish with lemon juice and chopped cilantro leaves.
Healthier version: Skip olive oil/vegan butter from initial marination.
Serve hot as a delicious side.
Here's the recipe card:
📖 Recipe Card
Air fryer Garlic Mushrooms
- 1 lb. button mushrooms or 500 gm. halve, quarter or slice
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil or butter
- 1 tsp. garlic minced or garlic powder
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. lemon juice for garnish
- 1 tsp. cilantro leaves Finely chopped
- Clean the mushrooms. Use a damp cloth to wipe off the dirt or wash under running water quickly in a colander. Don't soak in water as mushrooms absorb water.
- Keep aside and cut into slices, quarters or halves.
- Mix together extra virgin olive oil/butter with minced garlic or garlic powder, pepper and soy sauce. Toss mushrooms in this.
- Preheat air fryer at 180C or 360F for 4 minutes.
- Place the mushrooms in one layer in the air fryer.
- Air fry for about 4-6 minutes at 180C or 360F for slices till nicely cooked. Time will be slightly more for quarters, halves or whole.
- Garnish with lemon juice and chopped cilantro leaves.
- Serve hot as a delicious side.
2. The thinner you slice the mushroom, the faster they will cook.
3. Don’t soak them in water while cleaning or they absorb a lot of water.
4. You can use extra virgin olive oil in place of butter if you are vegan.
5. The recipe uses very few ingredients but is really delicious and healthy. 6. These are best served hot. 7. Healthy version: Skip oil/butter and just use seasonings with soy sauce for marination. 8. Do not marinate the mushrooms for very long before air frying or else they get soggy. Just add the marinade and keep your air fryer preheated so you can air fry right away.
If you liked the recipe, I request you to leave a star * rating either on the recipe card or in comments. Thanks.