Air fryer eggs are such a simple and easy way to make boiled eggs. Need no water, no monitoring and creates no mess.
Making air fryer soft boiled, jammy eggs or hard boiled eggs are a real breeze. It is as easy as put it in and forget about it till they are done.
No preheating needed either and the peeling is a breeze. It is now my favourite way to make “boiled” eggs.
Pros of air fried eggs
1. No water and no supervision needed: Making boiled eggs on stove top takes lesser time.
I have a video for soft boiling eggs on stovetop here that I used religiously till I started air frying and making hard and soft-boiled eggs.
With no boiling water, keeping an eye on when it comes to a boil and monitoring when the eggs are boiling is a real breeze.
2. Easy peel: The eggs are super easy to peel after air frying. Put them into an ice batch and then peel. And you can easily store them in the fridge and reuse later.
3. Just one ingredient: I just put in the eggs in my air fryer in the basket and the next time when I remove them they are done!
Air fried eggs can be stored with their peels intact in the refrigerator for up to a week.
All nutrition values are approximate and based on online calculators.
If you liked this recipe, I request you to leave a star * rating. Thanks.
Please remember that the air frying time for boiled eggs may vary depending upon the model and make of your air fryer and the size of your eggs. I have tested this recipe in Philips air fryer with medium size eggs.
Yes you can use a small pan that is air fryer safe. Break the egg and turn on the air fryer at 180 C or 360 F.
It will be fried in about 3 minutes. The time may vary slightly depending upon the size of the egg.
You can make soft boiled eggs by air frying at 120 C or 250 F for 11-12 minutes. Please know that the time may vary depending upon the make and model of your air fryer and also the size of your eggs.
For jammy eggs air fry eggs at 270F or 130C for about 11 minutes for a soft jammy center in the yolks.
I have tested this out in my Philips air fryer for medium eggs.
You can make 1, 2 or 4 hardboiled eggs by air frying at 120 C or 250 F for 13-14 minutes.
For soft boiling the same I took about 11 minutes at 120 C or 250 F. This is for those who want to boil fewer eggs at one go.
Here's the recipe card:
Hard Boiled, Soft Boiled and Jammy Eggs in Air fryer
- 12 eggs medium
- Set your air fryer temperature to 120 C or 250 F but do not preheat.
- Arrange 11 to 12 eggs in your air fryer basket. Put the basket in and turn on the air fryer. Air fry for 12 minutes for perfect soft-boiled eggs.
- Remove them from the basket with tongs as they are hot and put them in a large bowl of ice water. Let them cool a bit, peel and enjoy.
- For hard boiled eggs, I air fry at 120 C or 250 F for 14-15 minutes. Then remove them and put them into a large bowl of water. Peel and consume.
- For jammy eggs, I air fry at 130C or 270F for about 11 minutes. Then remove them and put them in a bowl of ice water. Peel and enjoy.
2. Soft boiled eggs are not runny but have a slight soft yolk. For runny yolks try air frying for about 9-10 minutes at 120 C or 250 F. Jammy eggs have a nice jammy center in the yolk after air frying. 3. I also tested the recipe for 1, 2 and 4 eggs at one time. For each of these, I took about 13-14 minutes at 120 C for hardboiled eggs and about 11 minutes for softboiled eggs. This is for those who want to do a smaller batch at one go. 4. Hard boiled eggs are perfectly done with a well set yellow yolk.
5. Make sure to immediately put the hot air fried eggs in ice water to stop their cooking.
6. Always use tongs to handle air fried eggs to stop them from burning your hands.
7. Roll the cooled down cooked eggs to break the shell and then peel easily.
8. You can easily store the cooked eggs in the fridge with peel intact for upto a week.
9. Eat the eggs as is or sprinkled with any spices of your liking.
10. Your air frying time will vary depending upon the model and size of your air fryer. Do keep an eye on the eggs when you are trying for the first time.
11. Check out the video recipe as well.
You may also like these healthy air fryer snacks: Air fryer falafel, Air fryer Broccoli, Honey roasted almonds and Air fryer baked potatoes.
Thank you so much for this! It turned out perfect!
Krissy Allori says
I never would have even tried this recipe had I not seen your post and easy directions. They turned out perfect!
Thank you so much, Krissy! Glad you liked the recipe.
Jessica Formicola says
What a great idea to make eggs in the air fryer! This will make my mornings so much easier!
Ditto. Thanks Jessica.
One of the biggest perks with air fryer hard boiled eggs is that you don't need any water nor any supervision. I am officially sold!
I absolutely agree, Charla!
Lisa | Garlic & Zest says
I never knew you could cook eggs in the air fryer like this. I have a method for soft boiled the regular way (with water), but I'm curious to try this -- because you're right, I do have to watch for when the water boils and put it on a timer.
True that Lisa. Same here. So much easier, right!
I haven't tried this yet so I can't leave a rating at this time. I don't often need to do a dozen eggs at a time. Are the instructions the same for one to two eggs? Thanks.
Bren, it is the same for 10-12 eggs but I will definitely try it out for 2 - 4 eggs and confirm the time to you in a comment.
Adrienne Gumbiner says
Thank you. So much easier
You are most welcome, Adrienne!
Love your recipe for hard boiled eggs! I'm disabled and I'm very leary about lifting a pan of boiling water. This is so much easier and safer, thanks so much😊
Thank you so much, Sharon! Glad I could help.
michael malloy says
My air fryer will not go below 300 on Air Fry setting. should i use bake,broil ?
Oh, that's surprising. You can try with bake or broil but I am not sure how the result would be.
Joyce Ellis says
Maybe you have the Celsius mode on.
Such an easy way to prepare eggs! They look absolutely perfect. I love how they come together in less than 15 minutes too.
Thanks Tara! Yes super convenient and easy.
I didn't even think about making soft boiled eggs in the air fryer - this is genius! And I love that there is no preheating required. Thanks for the tips!
Thank you Heather. I feel similarly.
What a great idea. I never thought of making hard eggs in the airfryer. Thank you
You're very welcome, Laura.
Great recipe. Eggs turned out absolutely perfect. This recipe is a keeper. Thanks!
Thanks Natalie. So happy that you liked it.
Absolutely love this. What a great tip. I use our air fryer for all sorts of things, but never thought to do "boiled" eggs in it. AND without water too. Will give it a go next time I need boiled eggs.
Happy to help, Choclette.
Great recipe! I love to keep hard boiled eggs in the fridge for salads or sandwiches.
Rebecca Crum says
My air fryer only goes to 300F
This recipe needs a temp of 250F so you're good.
I have a Emeril Air frier. I did 15 minutes then cooled and they were not done put back in for 4 min. Still not done back in for 10 min. Not done. Don’t understand what went wrong I followed your directions
Ah Emeril is an oven-type air fryer right? Those take longer to cook compared to basket type ones. Also if your eggs are larger they will take longer. Hope this helps.