Air fryer eggs are such a simple and easy way to make boiled eggs. Need no water, no monitoring and creates no mess.
Making air fryer soft boiled or hard boiled eggs are a real breeze. It is as easy as put it in and forget about it till they are done.
No preheating needed either and the peeling is a breeze. It is now my favourite way to make “boiled” eggs.
Pros of air fried eggs
1. No water and no supervision needed: Making boiled eggs on stove top takes lesser time.
I have a video for soft boiling eggs on stovetop here that I used religiously till I started air frying and making hard and soft-boiled eggs.
With no boiling water, keeping an eye on when it comes to a boil and monitoring when the eggs are boiling is a real breeze.
2. Easy peel: The eggs are super easy to peel after air frying. And you can easily store them in the fridge and reuse later.
3. Just one ingredient: I just put in the eggs in my air fryer in the basket and the next time when I remove them they are done!
Air fried eggs can be stored with their peels intact in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Hard Boiled Eggs in Air fryer
- 12 eggs medium
- Set your air fryer temperature to 120 C or 250 F but do not preheat.
- Arrange 11 to 12 eggs in your air fryer basket. Put the basket in and turn on the air fryer. Air fry for 12 minutes for perfect soft-boiled eggs.
- Remove them from the basket with tongs as they are hot and put them in a large bowl of normal water. Let them cool a bit, peel and enjoy.
- For hard boiled eggs, I air fry at 120 C or 250 F for 14-15 minutes. Then remove them and put them into a large bowl of water. Peel and consume.
2. Soft boiled eggs are not runny but have a slight soft yolk. For runny yolks try air frying for about 9-10 minutes at 120 C or 250 F. 3. I also tested the recipe for 1, 2 and 4 eggs at one time. For each of these, I took about 13-14 minutes at 120 C for hardboiled eggs and about 11 minutes for softboiled eggs. This is for those who want to do a smaller batch at one go. 4. Hard boiled eggs are perfectly done with a well set yellow yolk.
5. Make sure to immediately put the hot air fried eggs in water to stop their cooking.
6. Always use tongs to handle air fried eggs to stop them from burning your hands.
7. Roll the cooled down cooked eggs to break the shell and then peel easily.
8. You can easily store the cooked eggs in the fridge with peel intact for upto a week.
9. Eat the eggs as is or sprinkled with any spices of your liking.
10. Your air frying time will vary depending upon the model and size of your air fryer. Do keep an eye on the eggs when you are trying for the first time.
11. Check out the video recipe as well.
All nutrition values are approximate and based on online calculators.
If you liked this recipe, I request you to leave a star * rating. Thanks.
Please remember that the air frying time for boiled eggs may vary depending upon the model and make of your air fryer and the size of your eggs. I have tested this recipe in Philips air fryer with medium size eggs.
Yes you can use a small pan that is air fryer safe. Break the egg and turn on the air fryer at 180 C or 360 F.
It will be fried in about 3 minutes. The time may vary slightly depending upon the size of the egg.
You can make soft boiled eggs by air frying at 120 C or 250 F for 11-12 minutes. Please know that the time may vary depending upon the make and model of your air fryer and also the size of your eggs.
I have tested this out in my Philips air fryer for medium eggs.
You can make 1, 2 or 4 hardboiled eggs by air frying at 120 C or 250 F for 13-14 minutes.
For soft boiling the same I took about 11 minutes at 120 C or 250 F. This is for those who want to boil fewer eggs at one go.