Having an avocado tree has its own advantage. The copious fruit that my tree yields helps me innovate and make new recipes with avocado. This tasty avocado paratha is super easy to make and a good change from the regular parathas that we make. Serve it with curd or curry for a complete meal.
Here is my recipe of how to make avocado paratha:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 avocado pulp mashed
- 2 tbsp. dill chopped
- 1 tbsp. ginger-chilli paste
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp. oil
- water to knead flour
- Mix together all the ingredients and form a smooth dough. You should not need much water. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Now roll out the dough into round shaped flatbread or paratha.
- Roast it on tawa or griddle using oil on both sides. Your avocado paratha is ready to eat. Serve it hot with pickle and curd.
- This paratha is soft and stays for a couple of days after cooked.
- You can also pack it in lunchbox as it tastes good at room temperature.
- This avocado paratha is very nutritious.
- Due to fats in avocado it is super soft too.
- You can skip dill and use cilantro leaves if you so prefer.
Add all the ingredients to the whole wheat flour.
Make a dough with a little water. Make small balls of dough, roll out and roast on a tava to make avocado flatbread.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe of avocado paratha with their lovely green colour. Do try it and let me know how you liked it.
You may also like Avocado chocolate mousse
Do give a star rating * when you comment by clicking the stars either on the recipe or the comment box.
I am participating in A to Z challenge this April. Do follow daily for easy recipes and tips.