These air fryer breaded mushroom are delightfully crunchy outside and succulent inside. These fried mushroom are just perfect and need no added oil. Perfect appetizer.
Don’t know about you guys, but I am a huge fan of mushrooms.
These air fryer oyster mushroom are a vegetarian delight. Super meaty and flavorful.
I also love making butter garlic mushroom in my air fryer.
How to Make the Perfect Breaded Mushrooms in Air fryer?
1. Cutting mushrooms in halves or quarters help them cook faster and also retain more flavor due to more breading.
2. Adding cheese is a great way to add flavor to the breading. In case you are vegan, use vegan cheese, it works well.
3. To add more crunch to your breading, use Panko and also some finely crushed cornflakes.
4. Choose good quality mushroom. Do not wash them or they retain a lot of water. Brush off the dirt and then wipe with a damp cloth.
1. This recipe is naturally vegetarian. You can make it vegan by using plant based yogurt and cheese.
2. Use Panko for a crunchy outer crust.
3. I use white or button mushroom but you can try this recipe with diced portobello or oyster mushroom as well.
Take together 1 cup breadcrumbs, ½ cup grated cheese, 1 tsp. cayenne (or paprika), 1 tsp. garlic powder, 1 tsp. Italian seasoning, ¼ tsp. turmeric powder and salt.
Mix well in a shallow plate.
Clean the button mushrooms with a damp cloth. Cut into quarters.
Take ½ cup Greek yogurt in a shallow bowl and whisk it well.
Mix all the cut mushrooms with the Greek yogurt to coat them well.
Take the coated mushrooms and dip them in the breadcrumbs mix. Press down on the mushrooms so that the breading adheres well.
Preheat air fryer at 390 F or 200 C for 3 minutes.
Place a parchment paper inside the basket. Lay the breaded mushroom so that they are separated by some space.
Lightly spray with olive oil.
Air fry at 200 C for 4-5 minutes till golden brown and done.
The time can vary slightly depending upon the model of your air fryer as well as the size of the mushrooms too.
Your delicious crispy air fried mushrooms are ready to eat.
The mushrooms will be very hot so wait for them to cool down a bit before eating.
Serve hot with ketchup, spicy mayo or a dip of your choice.
Here’s the recipe card:
Breaded Mushrooms in Air fryer
- 8 oz. mushrooms or about 200 gm.
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated cheese
- 1 tsp. cayenne or paprika
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. olive oil to spray
- Remove the dirt and wipe the mushrooms clean with a damp cloth. Quarter them. Choose fresh mushrooms.
- Beat Greek yogurt and spread on a plate. Place the cut mushroom in the yogurt to cover well. This helps with helping the outer coating adhere to the mushrooms.
- Mix together breadcrumbs, grated cheese, cayenne or paprika, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and turmeric powder in a shallow plate.
- I needed to do mine in 2 batches. I used parchment paper for easier cleanup. Do not use parchment paper while preheating. Always use it with food on top.
- Now dunk the yogurt dipped mushrooms in the breading mix. Use your hands to press down the breading so that it sticks to the mushrooms.
- Preheat air fryer at 390 F or 200 C for 3 minutes.
- Lay the prepared breaded mushrooms on the parchment paper in air fryer basket. Spray olive oil on top. Air fry at 200 C for 4-5 minutes till golden brown and done.
- The time may vary depending upon the size of your mushrooms and the model of your air fryer. I use Philips air fryer.
- The mushrooms will be very hot so wait for them to cool down a bit before eating.
- Serve hot with ketchup, spicy mayo or a dip of your choice.
If you liked the recipe, I request you to leave a star * rating. Thanks.