Air fryer frozen chicken wings in bbq sauce are super easy to do. Air fryer works so well in thawing and then crisping the wings.
Put your favorite sauce or rub for a delicious appetizer.
For this recipe, I am using plain raw frozen chicken wings. You can use fresh wings too and then follow this chicken wings recipe.
I then dunk them in sauce of choice and cooked them some more for delicious air fryer chicken wings.
Sauces to Use for Chicken Wings
1. I love using hot sauce for chicken wings. Here is the detailed Buffalo chicken wings recipe that you can try.
2. Bbq sauce: Smoky, sticky and spicy, bbq sauce enhances any meat. It goes really well with chicken wings. This is my favorite bbq sauce.
3. Cajun spice rub: This spicy rub goes so well with crispy chicken wings. I just add it to about a tbsp. of olive oil and rub it all over crispy chicken wings. They are delicious.
4. Lemon garlic butter: You really can’t go wrong with lemon garlic butter. Add a bit of pepper for heat and brush all over chicken wings when done. Lip smacking tasty.
I cook them fresh, thawed and frozen. You don’t really need to thaw chicken wings for air frying. Your air fryer helps in thawing them first before crisping them to perfection.
You can cook chicken wings frozen in an air fryer. Since the air fryer helps in thawing them first and then cooking them evenly and well. If grilling or pan cooking, thaw your wings first.
You will need to thaw the wings before marinating them.
Yes, you can absolutely cook wings from frozen to cooked in your air fryer. It is very convenient to do this.
1. Pre-heat the Air fryer at 390 C or 200 C for about 4 minutes. Take frozen wings straight out of the packet and place them in one layer in the air fryer.
I had whole wings that is drumettes, wingettes and tips. Since these were frozen, I could not separate them into parts.
2. I just put in the entire wing and air fried for 10 minutes.
3. The wings reasonably thaw out by now. Separated drumettes and wingettes.
Discard the tips or keep them to make stock.
4. Then sprinkle baking powder all over them and air fry for 15 minutes more.
My wings were super crispy at the end of about 15 minutes. Also all the fat drained down making them healthier.
In case your wings need more time, you can air fry for 3 minutes more at 390F.
Now dunk them into or brush barbecue sauce so that they are coated well.
I air fried for another 4-5 minutes at 390F so that they are delicious and sticky. Serve hot with mint chutney or chipotle mayo.
You can also try:
Frozen chicken wings in air fryer
- 1 lb. frozen chicken wings or about 500 gm.
- 1 tsp. baking powder
Sauce or rub of choice
- 3 tbsp. Bbq sauce
- Pre-heat the Air fryer at 390 C or 200 C for about 4minutes. Take frozen wings straight out of the packet and place them in one layer in the airfryer.
- I had whole wings that is drumettes, wingettes and tips. Since these were sold frozen, they were not portioned out.
- I put in the frozen wings and air fried for 10 minutes. The wings thawed out quite a bit by then.
- I pulled them apart and separated the drumettes and wingettes. The tips were discarded or used later for stock.
- Sprinkle baking powder all over them and air fry for 12-15 minutes more till crispy.
- The wings were crispy at the end of about 15 minutes. Also all the fat drained down making them healthier.In case your wings need more time, you can air fry for 3 minutes more at 390F.
- Dunk them into Bbq sauce so that they are coated well. Air fry for another 4-5 minutes at 390F till nice and sticky. Serve hot with mint chutney or chipotle mayo.
If you liked this recipe, I request you to share star * rating. Thanks.