Lemon pepper chicken wings in air fryer are super easy to do. They turn out perfectly crispy. Since the fat is rendered, it is much healthier than deep fried.
From never having deep fried wings to relishing them now, I have travelled quite some distance in my culinary choices.
Air frying is a game changer for wings, as I need no additional oil and am very satisfied to see the fat drain out of the wings when air frying.
Put your favorite sauce or rub for a delicious appetizer like none other.
You can also try these favourite Buffalo chicken wings in air fryer, Air fryer Garlic Parmesan Wings and BBQ air fryer wings.
Sauces and Dips to Use for Chicken Wings
1. I love using hot sauce for chicken wings. You can brush with this sauce for a hot and sticky buffalo wings.
2. Bbq sauce: I love its smoky goodness. It does enhance the flavour of chicken wings.
3. Mayonnaise: Mayo works as a nice dip. You can also use chipotle mayo or spicy mayo for a kick.
Wash chicken wings and pat them dry. Assemble the spices for the rub for chicken wings.
Toss with salt, pepper and garlic powder with lemon juice to coat well. You could also use lemon pepper salt (seasoning) and garlic powder.
I love to use garlic powder. It enhances the taste. But feel free to skip it if you don't like the flavor.
Pre-heat the Air fryer at 390 F or 200 C for about 5 minutes.
Arrange the wings on the basket in one layer. You could also use parchment paper to line your basket for easy cleanup. Make sure that you flip the wings midway during cooking.
Air fry at 390F for about 20 minutes.
You will see chicken fat draining down during air frying. The skin crisps up nicely on its own.
I take out one wing and check it for crispness and doneness.
Air fry for a couple of minutes more if needed.
Take out the wings and serve hot with a dip.
You could also use dipping sauces like Buffalo sauce or Bbq sauce as a dip.
They are a simple yet really delicious appetizer.
After preheating air fryer at 390F or 200C for 5 minutes, air fry the wings for about 20 minutes till they are crisp. You can flip once in the middle.
No, you should not overlap chicken wings in the air fryer. They will end up being cooked unevenly. They can be touching each other in the air fryer though.
It should take about 18-20 minutes after preheating the air fryer.
Here's the recipe card:
📖 Recipe Card
Lemon Pepper Wings in Air fryer
- 1 lb. chicken wings or 500 gm.
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1.5 tsp. pepper powder
- 1.5 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Wash chicken wings and pat dry.
- Toss with salt, pepper and garlic powder with lemon juice to coat well. You can adjust the pepper to your taste. I like my wings hot.
- Pre-heat the Air fryer at 390F or 200 C for about 5 minutes.
- Arrange the wings on the basket in one layer. You can use parchment paper to line the basket to make cleaning easier.
- Air fry for about 18-20 minutes at 390F or 200C.
- You will see chicken fat draining down and the skin crisps up well and good. I take out one wing and check it for crispness and doneness.
- Air fry for 5 minutes more if needed.
- Take out the wings and serve hot with a dip. You could also use dipping sauces like Buffalo sauce or Bbq sauce as a dip.
If you liked this recipe, I request you to leave a star * rating. Thanks.
Tim Cochran says
You are an angel. Great recipes. Easy to follow and tastes great. Thank You
Thank you so much, Tim! That's so motivating to me.
I love the combination of lemon and pepper - these wings look and sound addictive. So delicious ♥
Thank you so much, Natalie.
These are SO good! I love the lemon pepper flavors, and the added crispiness from the air fryer makes them perfect!
Amanda Wren-Grimwood says
Can't beat chicken wings and the lemon and pepper is so delicious together.
I loved my chicken wings! They turned out perfectly flavored plus this was very easy to make!
Hayley Dhanecha says
We love lemon and pepper combination. Wings made in Air fryer looks amazing.