This delicious spinach wrap with a chicken and veggies stuffing is perfect for a meal or a quick snack. Healthy too.
I love making wraps or rolls. They are so versatile to make and one can vary the recipe depending upon what is available for stuffing.
In this recipe, you can make the spinach wrap with with wholewheat flour and spinach puree.
I have used chicken breast and veggie filling. This is a nutritious and satiating meal.
These chicken kathi rolls is also delicious and very filling as well.
You may also like: avocado paratha, egg paratha, gobhi paratha, cabbage paratha, palak paratha, til gur ka paratha, stuffed cabbage rolls.
Spinach wrap: I have made wholewheat flour wraps with spinach puree and few basic spices.
This is delicious as is and also rich in iron and vitamins along with fiber.
Chicken Breast: Chicken breast is cooked with seasonings to be used as a filling.
Vegetables: Fresh chopped vegetables and pickled vegetables are used in this wrap.
Sauces: Worcestershire sauce, BBQ sauce, mustard sauce and mayo are used in this wrap.
Seasoning: Cracked pepper and salt are used.
Assembly of the roll
Spread out the cooked green paratha.
Apply mayonaisse and mustard sauce on it.
Add the filling of shredded cooked chicken along with pickled beetroot, pickled carrot, pickled onion and tomatoes.
See the detailed recipes of the spinach dill paratha and pickled beetroot by clicking the links above.
Spread some more mayo on top. Now close the roll.
Your Green Wrap with chicken and veggies is ready to serve. Enjoy this iron-rich tasty treat.
Here's the recipe card:
📖 Recipe Card
Iron Rich Green Wrap with Chicken and Veggies
- For the wrap:
- 3 cups multigrain atta or whole wheat flour
- 250 gm. spinach leaves
- 50 gm. dill leaves
- 5-6 cloves garlic
- 3 green chillies
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp. ginger-garlic paste optional
- 1 tsp. salt
- some oil
- water for kneading
- For the filling:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. barbeque sauce
- 1 tbsp. worchestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. cracked pepper
- Other embellishments
- Pickled beetroot
- Pickled carrot
- 1 large onion finely sliced
- 2 Tomatoes cut in thick juliennes
- Mayonnaise or Cheese dip
- Mustard sauce
- For the Green Wrap
- Wash spinach and dill leaves well and dry them.
- Now blend spinach and dill leaves with garlic and green chillies to make a fine paste.
- Add it to the flour with salt and other masalas mentioned in the ingredients and make a nice soft dough.
- Take a little oil and knead it well and keep aside.
- For pickled veggies
- Make pickled beetroot by cutting 2 medium beetroots in thin slices and marinating them for about 2 hours in 3 tbsp. vineger, 1 tsp. dill leaves finely chopped, 1 tsp. salt, ½ tsp. sugar and 1 tsp. chilly powder. Add some water to immerse them. Use the same recipe for marinating carrot slices. You can skip the sugar for carrots.
- For the chicken
- Marinate the chicken with all the ingredients for about 4-6 hours in the fridge.
- Now, in a pan, heat some oil and saute the marinated chicken till it is cooked.
- To assemble the wrap
- To assemble, roll out big parathas from the green dough. Use 1 tsp. of oil to fry them on both sides.
- Now apply mayonnaise and mustard generously.
- Put in sliced chicken, pickled beetroot and carrot along with sliced onions and tomatoes. Drizzle some more mayonnaise on top.
- Close the wrap.
2. You can also play around with the sauces. Like I sometimes skip mayo and make a curd dip with mint and green chillies. You can use green chutney too.
3. If you don’t eat chicken, substitute it with boiled eggs or paneer or even cooked soya granules.
If you liked the recipe, I request you to leave a star * rating. Thanks.
Jyotirmoy Sarkar says
This one is perfect for the evening,with a cup of coffee, healthy as well.
Vasantha Vivek says
Veg wraps are my hubby’s all time favorites. And this green wrap looks so yummy. I will give a try on this recipe and I am sure my hubby will love it. Thanks for sharing this.
This is one tasty and healthy wrap. I will try it, though the green color put my son off but maybe the chicken will entice him. Can’t go wrong with mayo.
Shilpa Gupte says
Yumm! That recipe now goes in my recipe book, and will be made using veggies, instead of chicken.
Thanks a ton, Rachna, for this fab and easy recipe!
that’s one helluva tasty looking wrap ? perfect for lunch ?
Soumya Prasad says
Oh this looks so yummy! I’m going to make this for dinner tonight. The veg version of it of-course ?