I love pickled vegetables especially beet pickles and pickled onions. They go really well as an accompaniment to your food.
They also taste great in wraps and sandwiches just like gherkins or pickled jalapenos.
Here, I am sharing the recipe for quick pickled beets. I used the exact same method for pickling carrots too. It adds a tart, spicy hint to veggies that is delectable.
The pickled beetroot can be easily kept in the fridge for upto a week. The taste matures as you keep longer.
Beets: Choose fresh beets. Peel them and slice them into cubes or slices for pickling.
Vinegar: I have used apple cider vinegar here. But the plain white vinegar also works well.
1. This recipe is an easy way to make crunchy pickles at home.
2. You can add vinegar solution to beets and leave them in the fridge for 6-8 hours for refrigerator pickled beets.
3. Add any herbs or spices of choice. You can add a few cloves of garlic, some peppercorn or chopped dill to the pickles for enhanced flavor.
4. Do not keep these pickles for too long. I generally make smaller batches that get over within a month. The tart flavor deepens as time progresses.
5. This easy pickled beets is a perfect recipe to try for even novices.
6. You can make pickled carrots using the same recipe.
I find beetroots not very tasty as salad hence I prefer to consume them in this manner which makes them tastier.
Let me know if you try this recipe. I also request you to leave a star rating for this.
Here's the recipe card:
📖 Recipe Card
Pickled Beets Recipe
- 2 beetroot peeled and cut into strips or cubes
- 3 tbsp. vinegar
- ½ tsp. Himalayan pink salt
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cayenne or chilli flakes optional
- ½ tsp. sugar to balance out the tartness
- 1 tsp. chopped dill optional
- Peppercorns optional
- Some water
- Take beetroot strips in a bowl.
- Add all the ingredients to it and mix.
- Add enough water so that the beetroot strips are soaked in the vinegar solution.
- Keep them soaked for 2-3 hours. It is ready to be consumed.
- You can also refrigerate and consume after 6-8 hours.