I love pickled vegetables especially beet pickles and pickled onions. They go really well as an accompaniment to your food and also taste great in wraps and sandwiches just like gherkins or pickled jalapenos. Here, I am sharing the recipe for quick pickled beets. I used the exact same method for pickling carrots too. It adds a tart, spicy hint to veggies that is delectable.
Without further ado, here is my pickled beets recipe:
Pickled Beets Recipe
- 2 beetroot peeled and cut into strips
- 3 tbsp. vinegar
- ½ tsp. black salt
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cayenne or chilli flakes
- ½ tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. chopped dill optional
- Some water
- Take beetroot strips in a bowl.
- Add all the ingredients to it and mix.
- Add enough water so that the beetroot strips are soaked in the vinegar solution.
- Keep them soaked for 2-3 hours. It is ready to be consumed.
The pickled beetroot can be easily kept in the fridge for upto a week. The taste matures as you keep longer. Just remove the vinegar solution and store.
I find beetroots not very tasty as salad hence I prefer to consume them in this manner which makes them tastier.
Let me know if you try this recipe. I also request you to leave a star rating for this.