This paratha is all things goey and delicious. It doubles as a perfect dessert, and kids and adults both adore this paratha. It is reasonably simple to make. With jaggery, sesame seeds and fennel, it tastes delightful and is super healthy. You must try this til aur gur ka paratha today.
Here’s how to make til aur gur ka paratha:
📖 Recipe Card
Til Gur ka Paratha | Sesame Jaggery Paratha
For the dough
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
For the Filling
- 1 cup grated jaggery
- 4 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp. fennel seeds
- Ghee or oil for frying
- Make dough by adding water to whole wheat flour. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Now make small balls with the dough.
- To make the filling, add jaggery, sesame seeds and fennel seeds and mix together. Make small balls of the filling and keep aside.
- Now roll out dough balls. Keep the filling ball inside the rolled out dough. Pull up the sides to form a big ball.
- Now roll out a paratha with a rolling pin. If a bit of filling peeks out, it is perfectly fine.
- Now fry the paratha on a tava with a little ghee on each side till the paratha is well cooked. Some jaggery oozing out of the paratha is fine.
- Serve hot with more ghee or fresh malai. Your delicious til aur gur ka paratha is ready to eat.
- Ghee is best for frying but you can use vegetable oil if you prefer so.
- Tastes best when served hot but can be made and stored to be eaten later. You can make it and keep it easily for 2 days at room temperature.
- A bit of stuffing coming out is fine but if it is too much then it can get messy so be slightly more careful when rolling out the paratha.
- Easy and delicious paratha that is very satisfying to your sweet tooth.
Mix grated jaggery, sesame seeds and fennel to form the filling.
Put the filling inside rolled out dough. Pick up the sides and seal the dough around the filling.
Roll out the dough using a little flour.
Fry on both sides using ghee. Your paratha is ready to eat.
Do try this recipe of til gur ka paratha and let me know how you liked it.
It is super healthy and will be a hit with kids.
You may like these other Paratha recipes from the blog.
If you liked this recipe, do share.