Raw mango or kachcha aam is a delightful fixture in most Indian kitchens in summer. This simple raw mango chutney or green mango chutney is tangy, spicy and delicious.
I normally make a large lot which stays in the fridge. Have it with your lunch or dinner or along with your snacks or breakfast. It is versatile and goes with a lot of things. It is quite yummy in bread sandwiches too.
This raw mango chutney hardly needs about 5 minutes to prepare including the peeling and chopping work. In summer, the mint and the raw mango help to keep the body cool. But my purpose of making it regularly is its delightful taste.
Here is my recipe of green mango chutney:
Raw Mango Chutney | Kachche Aam ki Chutney
- 1 raw mango it must be firm
- 3-4 green chillies less or more as per taste
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- ½ cup mint leaves
- 3-4 cloves garlic optional
- 1 tsp. salt about or as per taste or black salt
- a pinch of sugar
- Peel the raw mango and chop into cubes.
- Chop coriander leaves, mint leaves and chillies.
- Take all the ingredients in a chutney jar or small blender.
- Add just 1-2 tbsp. of water to help in blending.
- Blend to a fine chutney. Taste and adjust salt if needed.
- If you don't have mint leaves, you can just add some more coriander or cilantro leaves.
- Keep it refrigerated. It will easily last for 3-4 days in the fridge.
- This is perfect for sandwiches or as side to your meal.
Step-by-step Recipe Pictures
Peel the raw mango and chop it roughly into pieces. Wash the coriander leaves, mint leaves and green chillies. Chop them coarsely. Take all the ingredients in the blender. Add just about 1-2 tbsp. of water.
I don't like my chutneys runny but if you do you can add more water. Now blend till blended well. If you have the old-fashioned sil batta or grinding stone then use it. The chutney is way tastier when prepared on that.
Take it out in a bowl and serve with your favorite tikkis, vadas, fries etc.
If you liked this easy raw mango chutney recipe, then I request you to give it a star * rating either on the recipe card or in the comments. Thanks.
You may also like
Do share my post if you enjoyed it.