Sweet potato fries in air fryer are easy to do and make for tasty and healthy snack. Crispy outside and fluffy inside, these are delicious.
I use minimal seasoning mostly salt, pepper, cayenne with olive oil and it tastes really good. You can use Italian seasoning as well.
You will also like sweet potato slices in air fryer,
Also read: 10 Air fryer mistakes that you can avoid
Sweet potatoes are in season just now. They are highly nutritious with a good source of vitamins, minerals and fibre.
They are good for vision, gut health and immunity. They have a low glycemic index which means that they keep you satiated for long.
Air frying them keeps them healthy and low Calorie.
Sweet potatoes: Use white, orange or purple sweet potatoes depending upon availability. Use a sharp knife to cut fries or a fries cutter as sweet potatoes are harder to cut.
Olive oil: This is used to spray or brush the fries so that the spices adhere well. You can also skip the oil and do the fries without oil too. They will not look as golden.
Seasoning: Use any seasonings you like. I have used cayenne and Italian seasoning with salt.
This recipe is vegan and gluten free. It is high in complex carbohydrates.
- As a side with burgers or sandwiches - This is a classic combination for a tasty meal.
- Snack - Serve sweet potato fries with dipping sauces like ranch dressing, ketchup, or honey mustard.
- With fried chicken - Fried chicken and sweet potato fries make for a classic Southern style meal.
- As a side with grilled meats - These taste great with steak, pork chops, or bbq chicken for a hearty and filling meal.
- With salad - Sweet potato fries are a great accompaniment to a filling salad for a well-rounded and nutritious meal.
- With seafood - Sweet potato fries pair well with seafood dishes such as grilled salmon, garlic shrimp, or crab cakes.
Wash sweet potatoes and cut it into even sized fries shape. You can leave the skin on if you like. I generally peel them.
No need to soak the fries. You can cook them right away.
Now add 2 tsp. oil, salt, pepper, cayenne and Italian seasoning to the fries and mix well.
Preheat Airfryer for 3 minutes to 180C or 360F.
Lay the sweet potato fries to the Airfryer basket.
Brush the air fryer basket with a little oil before adding the fries. I add the entire batch of fries at one go.
Cook in the Airfryer for about 10-12 minutes at 180C or 360F. Keep shaking the basket once every 3-4 minutes to ensure even cooking of the fries.
Then increase the temperature to 200 C or 400 F and air fry for 4-5 minutes till crispy outside.
Once crispy outside, remove them and serve hot with ketchup or dip of your choice.
You do not need to soak the fries before air frying. They turn out equally good without soaking.
Yes, you can. Use water or lemon juice to apply seasonings on sweet potato fries.
Yes, you can easily reheat fries in air fryer at 180C or 360F for 3-4 minutes till they are hot and crispy again.
- Cut the fries evenly in uniform shape. This ensures uniform cooking.
- Leaving the skin on makes the fries crispier. But I prefer to peel my sweet potatoes.
- Serve when hot. You can reheat the fries in air fryer in case of leftovers.
- You can adjust seasoning as per your like.
📖 Recipe Card
Air fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Wash sweet potatoes and cut it into even sized fries shape. You can leave the skin on if you like. I normally peel them off.
- No need to soak the fries in water. You can make them right away.
- Now add 2 tsp. oil, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and cayenne to the fries and mix well.
- Preheat Air fryer for 3 minutes to 180C or 360 F.
- Now add the sweet potato fries to the Air fryer basket. Brush the air fryer basket with a little oil before adding the fries.
- Cook in the Air fryer for about 10-12 minutes at 180 C or 360F.
- Then increase the temperature to 200 C or 400 F and air fry for 4-5 minutes till crispy outside.
- Shake the fries every 3-4 minutes so that they cook evenly.
- Serve hot.
This Airfryer sweet potato recipe is super easy and tasty. It is also good for health.
If you like this recipe, do give it a * rating either on the recipe card or in the comments.