Sweet potato fries in air fryer are easy to do and make for tasty and healthy snack. Crispy outside and fluffy inside, these are delicious.
I use minimal seasoning mostly salt, pepper, cayenne with olive oil and it tastes really good. You can use Italian seasoning as well.
Also read: 10 Air fryer mistakes that you can avoid
Sweet potatoes are in season just now. They are highly nutritious with a good source of vitamins, minerals and fibre.
They are good for vision, gut health and immunity. They have a low glycemic index which means that they keep you satiated for long.
Airfrying them keeps them healthy and low Calorie.
Wash sweet potatoes and cut it into even sized fries shape. You can leave the skin on if you like. I generally peel them.
Soak the fries for about 30 minutes in chilled water. Drain the water and dry them well.
Now add 2 tsp. oil, salt, pepper, cayenne and Italian seasoning to the fries and mix well.
Preheat Airfryer for 3 minutes to 180C or 360F.
Lay the sweet potato fries to the Airfryer basket.
Brush the air fryer basket with a little oil before adding the fries. I add the entire batch of fries at one go.
Cook in the Airfryer for about 10-12 minutes at 180C or 360F. Keep shaking the basket once every 3-4 minutes to ensure even cooking of the fries.
Then increase the temperature to 200 C or 400 F and air fry for 4-5 minutes till crispy outside.
Once crispy outside, remove them and serve hot with ketchup or dip of your choice.
- Cut the fries evenly in uniform shape. This ensures uniform cooking.
- Leaving the skin on makes the fries crispier. But I prefer to peel my sweet potatoes.
- Serve when hot.
- You can adjust seasoning as per your like.
Airfryer Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes or 500 gm.
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt or Himalayan pink salt
- ½ tsp. pepper powder
- ½ tsp. cayenne or chilli flakes
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- Wash sweet potatoes and cut it into even sized fries shape. You can leave the skin on if you like. I normally peel them off.
- Soak the fries for about 30 minutes in chilled water. Drain the water and dry them well.
- Now add 2 tsp. oil, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and cayenne to the fries and mix well.
- Preheat Air fryer for 3 minutes to 180C or 360 F.
- Now add the sweet potato fries to the Air fryer basket. Brush the air fryer basket with a little oil before adding the fries.
- Cook in the Air fryer for about 10-12 minutes at 180 C or 360F.
- Then increase the temperature to 200 C or 400 F and air fry for 4-5 minutes till crispy outside.
- Shake the fries every 3-4 minutes so that they cook evenly.
- Serve hot.
This Airfryer sweet potato recipe is super easy and tasty. It is also good for health.
If you like this recipe, do give it a * rating either on the recipe card or in the comments.