Air fryer frozen popcorn chicken is quick, easy and super crunchy. It is done in minutes and is a perfect snack or appetizer. No need to thaw.
With my air fryer, I no longer deep fry any of the frozen goodies that I have in my freezer. They turn out super crispy and so nicely cooked right from freezer into the air fryer.
Most often you don't even need to spray with oil because these frozen goodies already have them.
Here are frozen treats in air fryer that you will love: frozen chicken wings in air fryer, frozen hash browns in air fryer, air fryer frozen chicken patties, frozen spring rolls air fryer, air fryer frozen tater tots, air fryer frozen fries, frozen pizza rolls in air fryer.
Tips and Tricks:
1. Preheat the air fryer. Directly add the frozen popcorn chicken from the packet. Air fry and serve.
2. There is no need to add any oil since the frozen popcorn chicken already has oil.
3. I throw in the entire batch at one go in my air fryer. Remember to shake the basket 2-3 times for even cooking.
You can also do a smaller batch where you cook the chicken in one row for faster cooking.
4. You can do it for a couple of minutes if you want more browning.
5. Serve hot with dip of your choice. Even ketchup works great.
1. Take frozen popcorn chicken from the packet into a bowl.
2. Preheat air fryer at 200C or 390F for 5 minutes. Place frozen popcorn chicken pieces into the basket. Leave any excess breading behind.
3. Air fry for about 12-14 minutes at 200C or 390F till crispy and done.
Shake the basket about 3 times during this air frying time for even cooking.
4. If you are doing this quantity in two batches then each batch should take about 9-10 minutes at 200C or 390F.
Serve hot with the dip of your choice.
1. These are best consumed hot off the air fryer.
2. In case you want to store them, remember not to freeze. You can keep them in an air tight container in the fridge upto 2 days.
Heat in the air fryer for 2-3 minutes before serving.
Here's the recipe card:
Air fryer Frozen Popcorn Chicken
- 1 lb. frozen popcorn chicken or 500 gm.
- Preheat air fryer at 200C or 390F for 5 minutes. Take frozen popcorn chicken from the packet right into the preheated air fryer basket.
- Air fry for about 12-14 minutes at 200C or 390F till crispy and done. Shake the basket about 3 times during this air frying time.
- If you are doing this quantity in two batches then each batch should take about 9-10 minutes at 200C or 390F.
- Serve hot with the dip of your choice.
2. There is no need to spray or add extra oil as the frozen chicken already has oil in the breading.
3. Air fry for a couple of minutes more if your chicken looks a bit lighter or underdone.
4. In case you want to store them, remember not to freeze. You can keep them in an air tight container in the fridge upto 2 days. Heat in air fryer for 2-3 minutes before serving.
If you liked the recipe, I request you to leave a star * rating. Thanks.
Alisa Infanti says
Popcorn chicken is the only form of chicken my son will eat and he loved this recipe. Thank you!
Thank you Alisa.
I didn't know that whipping up popcorn chicken could be so easy using the air fryer. Perfect for busy nights.
I completely agree, Sharon.
Another reason to love the air fryer! What did we ever do before it? Thanks for sharing ... this one's perfect for the kiddos!
Thank you Traci. Indeed, I use my air fryer daily.
Thanks for such an easy and well-explained recipe! I am heading into the supermarket to get my ingredients!
So happy to hear that, Tavo.
This is really a great recipe! My kids loved it! Thanks for sharing!
You are very welcome, Toni.