Air fryer Tyson popcorn chicken is quick, easy and super crunchy. It is done in minutes and is a perfect snack or appetizer.
With my air fryer, I no longer deep fry any of the frozen goodies that I have in my freezer.
They turn out super crispy and so nicely cooked right from freezer into the air fryer.
Most often you don't even need to spray with oil because these frozen goodies already have them.
Why You'll Love this Recipe
1. Healthier Alternative: Air fryer offers the same crispy results as deep-frying but with significantly less oil.
It's a healthier alternative without compromising on taste.
2. Quick and Easy: Tyson Popcorn Chicken in the air fryer is simple and straightforward.
Especially loved by teens, college students and busy people.
3. Versatile: This recipe can be dressed up or down, depending on the occasion and your mood.
Top it with some buffalo sauce for a game night or pair it with some salad for a light meal.
4. Crowd Pleaser: These bite-sized treats are loved by everyone.
Whether you're cooking for your kids or for a group of friends, it's sure to be a hit.
Tyson Popcorn Chicken: You can use Tyson frozen popcorn chicken.
Any other brands from the freezer section of your grocery store work well too.
Oil: Oil is needed only for spraying or brushing the air fryer basket. This is optional.
Variations and Substitutions
1. Chicken: If you can't find Tyson Popcorn Chicken, any brand of frozen popcorn chicken will do.
Banquet popcorn chicken, Aldi popcorn chicken, Kroger popcorn chicken, Kirkwood popcorn chicken can be used too.
2. Cooking Method: If you don't have an air fryer, you can also cook this in the oven.
1. Preheat the air fryer. Directly add the frozen popcorn chicken from the packet. Air fry and serve.
2. There is no need to add any oil since the frozen popcorn chicken already has oil.
3. I throw in the entire batch at one go in my air fryer. Remember to shake the basket 2-3 times for even cooking.
You can also do a smaller batch where you cook the chicken in one row for faster cooking.
4. You can do it for a couple of minutes if you want more browning.
5. Serve hot with dip of your choice. Even ketchup works great.
Air fryer Instructions
1. Take Tyson Anytizer popcorn chicken or any other brand of frozen popcorn chicken from the packet into a bowl.
How long to cook frozen popcorn chicken in air fryer
2. Preheat air fryer at 200C or 390F for 5 minutes.
Place Tyson Anytizer popcorn chicken in the air fryer basket. Leave any excess breading behind.
3. Air fry for about 12-14 minutes at 200C or 390F till crispy and done.
Shake the basket about 3 times during this air frying time for even cooking.
4. If you are doing this quantity in two batches then each batch should take about 9-10 minutes at 200C or 390F.
Serve hot with the dip of your choice.
Preheat oven to 400F or 200C.
Spread Tyson Popcorn Chicken in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Lightly spray the chicken with cooking spray. This gives it a nice brown colour and crunch.
Cook for 20-25 minutes, turning once halfway through, until the chicken is heated through and crispy.
Remove from the oven and serve immediately with dip of choice.
1. These are best consumed hot off the air fryer.
2. In case you want to store them, remember not to freeze.
You can keep them in an air tight container in the fridge upto 2 days.
Heat in the air fryer for 2-3 minutes before serving.
Here's the recipe card:
📖 Recipe Card
Tyson Popcorn Chicken in Air fryer
- 1 lb. frozen popcorn chicken or 500 gm.
- Preheat air fryer at 200C or 390F for 5 minutes. Take frozen popcorn chicken from the packet right into the preheated air fryer basket.
- Air fry for about 12-14 minutes at 200C or 390F till crispy and done. Shake the basket about 3 times during this air frying time.
- If you are doing this quantity in two batches then each batch should take about 9-10 minutes at 200C or 390F.
- Serve hot with the dip of your choice.
2. There is no need to spray or add extra oil as the frozen chicken already has oil in the breading.
3. Air fry for a couple of minutes more if your chicken looks a bit lighter or underdone.
4. In case you want to store them, remember not to freeze. You can keep them in an air tight container in the fridge upto 2 days. Heat in air fryer for 2-3 minutes before serving.
If you liked the recipe, I request you to leave a star * rating. Thanks.