Air fryer frozen French fries are a quick and easy snack. The fries turn out super crispy outside and soft inside with no thawing needed. Perfect for hunger pangs.
French fries are loved by every kid and adult out these. It is the perfect side as well as great as a snack for parties or just an evening.
I have used McCain’s frozen fries with no added salt here. But really any brand works the same.
Frozen french fries: Use any brand from your frozen section of groceries.
Seasonings: If your fries are unseasoned, just add cayenne, salt and pepper to the frozen fries before air frying.
You can spray a bit of oil as well.
This is a vegan recipe. If you eat dairy, you can sprinkle some cheese towards the end of air frying time for a cheesy treat.
Vary the seasonings as per taste. Seasoning mixes like Cajun spice mix, Old Bay seasoning etc. work well.
1. Burgers: This is a classic combination. Serve them crispy and hot with your burgers.
2. Loaded fries: Top your fries with melted cheese, bacon, sour cream and chives for an enjoyable treat.
3. Breakfast: Serve your fries with eggs and bacon.
4. Sandwich: Fries go well with sandwich for a meal.
5. Snack: Fries taste great with dips for a tasty any time pick me up.
Preheat air fryer for 3-4 minutes at 200 C or 390 F beforehand.
Cut the packet and pour out entire batch of frozen french fries into the air fryer basket.
Spray with olive oil, and toss with seasonings of choice.
Air fry for 12-14 minutes till crispy outside.
Keep shaking the basket 2-3 times during the air frying time to ensure even cooking.
Take them out hot.
You can, alternatively, toss with salt and pepper (or cayenne) after air frying. Enjoy your delicious treat.
1. You do not need to thaw the fries before putting them in the air fryer.
2. The fries turn out perfectly crispy every single time.
3. If you want to make French fries in Air fryer from scratch try this recipe.
4. These fries are unseasoned so apply some spices in oil all over the fries before/after they are done.
I generally do 1 tsp. cayenne (or pepper) with salt and add it to about 1.5 tsp. oil. Then brush all over the fries after they are done.
Yes they turn out perfectly crispy every single time.
Take frozen fries in a preheated air fryer. It takes about 12-15 minutes in the air fryer after preheating at 200 C.
The fastest and best way is by using air fryer. You don’t need any extra oil by deep frying and they turn out gorgeously crispy.
📖 Recipe Card
Frozen French Fries in Air fryer
- Preheat air fryer at 200 C or 390 F for 4 minutes.
- Cut open the packet of frozen fries and put in all the fries in the air fryer basket. Do not thaw the fries.
- Spray fries with olive oil and toss with seasonings of choice.
- Air fry at 200 C for about 12-14 minutes. Keep shaking the basket every 4-5 minutes. Once they start turning golden brown, pick out one fry and check for doneness.
- Take out the entire batch.
- Alternatively, you could toss with some salt, cayenne and pepper in olive oil all over the fries and serve hot with ketchup or dip of your choice.
If you liked the recipe, I request you to give it a star * rating. Thanks.