Frozen spring rolls or frozen lumpia in air fryer turn out super crispy outside and perfectly moist and cooked within. No need for thawing or deep frying. Perfect appetizer or side.
I absolutely dislike deep frying. Handling all that hot oil and the mess thereafter is something I prefer to avoid.
Not to mention the excessive Calories! Air fryer works really well for frozen fried foods like spring rolls.
If you want to make spring rolls from scratch try this recipe.
They are quick and easy to make and taste just like fried spring rolls.
1. Frozen Spring Rolls
2. Oil to brush them – I use olive oil
I have made both chicken and vegetarian frozen spring rolls or lumpia in this manner.
They turn out great and the only difference is about a minute more of cook time for the chicken spring rolls.
If you have tried a very cheesy filling then you will see that the cheese starts oozing out of the rolls a bit.
That is perfectly fine.
1. Do not overcrowd the air fryer.
2. Cook for 2 minutes more in case the spring rolls look undone. You can always break open one to check for doneness.
3. The time may be a bit more if your spring rolls are larger in size.
4. Brush with a little oil for a lovely golden shine to the spring rolls.
5. Flip the spring rolls midway for even cooking.
Serve with chilli sauce, soy sauce or even tomato ketchup.
Frozen spring rolls are cooked in air fryer without thawing for crispy and tasty spring rolls. Just preheat the air fryer and cook at 200 C for 8-10 minutes.
No frozen spring rolls can be cooked without thawing in air fryer.
Step wise Pictures
Preheat air fryer at 200 C or 390 F for 4 minutes.
Lay 8 frozen spring rolls or frozen lumpia after lightly brushing with olive oil in one layer with space between them in the preheated air fryer basket.
Air fry for 4 minutes on one side. Flip and cook for 4 minutes more at 200 C or 390 F.
They will be golden brown and cooked inside.
If needed you can cook for 2 minutes more in case your spring rolls do not look quite done yet.
This may be if your spring rolls are thicker in size.
Your spring rolls are ready to serve. Enjoy them hot.
Here's the recipe card:
📖 Recipe Card
Air fryer Frozen Spring Rolls
- 8 spring rolls or lumpia frozen
- 1 tsp. olive oil for brushing
- Preheat air fryer at 200 C or 390 F for 4 minutes.
- Lay the frozen spring rolls or lumpia in one layer on the air fryer basket after brushing with oil. Air fry at 390 F for 4 minutes. Flip and air fry for 4 minutes more.
- If needed you can cook for 1-2 minutes more in case they still look a bit underdone.
- Outer crust becomes golden brown and crispy and filling becomes well cooked.
I request you to leave a star * rating for the recipe. Thanks.