Imagine you have assembled the ingredients and are ready to air fry them.
But, your air fryer won’t turn on. I can’t imagine how frustrating that would be.
I have been using air fryers for 10+ years now and there have been a few instances when I faced this.
In my Air fryer 101 series, I am trying to address queries that many people often ask me.
In this post, I am sharing all the troubleshooting tips when an air fryer does not start.
You may like My detailed Philips Air fryer User Review
Why Air fryer is So Handy
Before diving in, I can’t stop myself from gushing about air fryers.
I currently own two models and have gifted one to my son at college.
As a matter of fact, this is my favourite gift for those close to me.
Air fryer is handy, quick and significantly reduces oil use especially from the fried goodies we all so love.
Check out these air fryer pros and cons.
Troubleshooting When Your Air Fryer Won’t Turn On
1. Check the Power Source: Is your air fryer unplugged? It may sound silly but sometimes that’s the case.
I sometimes unplug the air fryer and then forget to plug it back in.
That gives me a mini heart attack, as I try everything but to no avail.
Later I find out that it was unplugged all along!
So please check this first.
2. Is the plugging outlet working: If your air fryer won’t power on when plugged in, then it’s possible that the outlet may not be working.
The best way to check this is by plugging in something else like a sandwich toasted or an Instant pot.
If those don’t turn on either, then air fryer is not the problem, the plugging outlet is.
3. Check the Power Cord: With use over years, the power cord could have wear and tear.
Maybe it is damaged and does not work.
In that case, you will need to replace the cord.
4. Check the Fuse: Air fryers have an internal fuse to help safeguard them from damage during electrical surges.
Check your air fryer’s manual to locate how to reset a fuse.
You may also need to replace it in case it is damaged. That is best handled by a professional.
5. Check the basket: One of the models I own does not start unless the basket is correctly inserted.
This is a built-in safety feature to prevent injuries.
Reinsert your basket and double check it. Maybe, that will get your air fryer going.
6. Check the settings: There was an instance when old Philips air fryer won’t turn on.
I found out later that the knob or dial was in off position.
Check that you have done the setting for both temperature and time.
7. Manufacturer support: If you have tried all of the above, then it is time to speak to your appliance’s customer support team.
Most Air fryers come with an annual warranty.
That will give you access to customer service and replacement benefits too.
There you have it. Try these detailed approaches to ensure that your air fryer does turn on.
1. What should I do if my air Fryer has a burnt smell?
Unplug your air fryer and look inside. Check for any smoke or burnt electrical parts.
If that seems to be fine then it could be debris from previously fried food that has got burnt.
Clean your air fryer thoroughly and then use.
2. Is smoke normal when air frying?
If you are cooking fatty foods then some kind of smoke is natural while air frying.
But it must not be heavy smoke. If that’s the case, stop air fryer, unplug it and get it checked.
3. How often should I clean my air fryer?
Wash your air fryer basket with warm water and soap after every use. You may also wipe with a damp paper towel if not too dirty.
I also deep clean my air fryer once every month.
Do let me know if you have any questions regarding this.
You may also download my FREE Beginner's Guide to Air fryer Cooking
You can buy my Indian Air fryer Recipes Cookbook here and buy Air fryer Vegan and Vegetarian Recipes cookbook here.
Also join my Awesome Air fryer Recipes Facebook Group for more recipes, conversations and fun.
You may also check out how to use parchment paper in air fryer, can you use plastic in air fryer, can you put water in air fryer, can you put metal in air fryer, can you put oil in air fryer, can you put glass in air fryer and can you put a plate in air fryer.