This is a delicious Indian broccoli recipe appetizer that is perfectly browned outside and soft and tasty inside. It has marinated broccoli in a cheesy, spicy marinade for fingerlicking taste.
This easy to make recipe is moderately spicy. It can be replicated with cauliflower. You can make the same recipe in an oven as well.
Broccoli is a vegetable that is often not liked but is extremely healthy and nutritious.
I guarantee you that this recipe will be loved by both kids and adults alike.
How to Make the Perfect Cheesy Broccoli
Fresh Broccoli: Nice fresh broccoli florets are the star of this recipe. Choose good ones.
Marinade: The marinade here is yogurt and cheese along with spices. You can vary the spices and their quantities as per your need.
This broccoli recipe in Indian marinade gives the broccoli a lovely cheesy flavour.
Airfrying: Air frying really makes the broccoli delectable without using any extra oil.
Can I Make a Simple Roasted Broccoli
Yes, you can. Just toss your broccoli florets in 1 tbsp. olive oil with seasonings like pepper, salt, garlic powder, oregano with some parmesan cheese and Air fry at 180 C or 360 F for just 8 minutes till crisp.
Try this really simple recipe of cheesy broccoli. Don't forget to check out the video for the recipe.
Wash and clean broccoli. Dry and keep the florets aside.
Make the marinade with the ingredients mentioned.
Your marinade will be thick in consistency.
Add broccoli florets to the marinade.
Mix well till all the florets are coated with the marinade.
Cover and marinate in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
To Air fry Broccoli:
Preheat Air fryer at 360 F or 180 C for 6 minutes. Spray oil on the air fryer basket.
Now arrange one layer of marinated broccoli and air fry at 360 F for about 12-14 minutes.
Your broccoli are done once nicely browned. No need to flip the broccoli midway.
Also you can use parchment paper to prevent the broccoli pieces sticking to the basket.
Your crispy broccoli is ready to serve.
Have it hot as an appetizer, side dish or party snack. It is really tasty and reasonably filling.
- The cooking time will vary depending upon the size of your florets and the kind of your Air fryer
- Always check every few minutes when Air frying.
- Use parchment paper to prevent the broccoli florets from sticking to the basket.
- Make sure you don’t overcrowd the basket so that broccoli gets enough place to cook properly.
- You can eliminate the cream cheese and use more yogurt if you want the recipe to be healthier.
- You can try the same recipe with baby corn or cauliflower.
- The recipe is moderately spicy. Feel free to adjust as per your taste.
- To make it vegan, use vegan yogurt and vegan cheese.
- Skip dried fenugreek if you can't find it. You can use dried oregano in its place.
Air fryer Broccoli | Air fryer Malai Broccoli Indian Recipe
- 1 head broccoli
- ½ cup Greek yogurt or vegan yogurt
- ½ cup cream cheese or vegan cream cheese
- 2 tsp. ginger garlic paste or minced ginger and garlic
- 1 tsp. paprika or Kashmiri red chilli powder
- ½ tsp. garam masala powder or curry powder
- 1 tsp. chickpea flour or besan or check notes for alternatives
- 1 tsp. dry fenugreek or kasuri methi powder optional
- ½ tsp. pepper powder
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Salt to taste
For spraying or brushing Air fryer
- 1 tsp. oil
- Wash and clean broccoli. Dry and keep the florets aside.
- Make the marinade with the ingredients mentioned. Your marinade will be thick in consistency.
- Add broccoli florets to the marinade. Mix well till all the florets are coated with the marinade.
- Cover and marinate in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat Airfryer at 360 F or 180 C for 6 minutes. Spray oil on the airfryer basket. Now arrange one layer of marinated broccoli and airfry at 360 F for about 12-14 minutes. No need to flip midway
- Once browned remove and serve with dip.
- Your malai broccoli is ready to serve. Have it hot as an appetizer or party snack. It is really tasty and reasonably filling.
Serve malai broccoli with cilantro mint chutney or with any dip of your choice.
It is pretty tasty just by itself.
If you liked this crispy broccoli recipe made in Air fryer, I request you to leave a star * rating either on the recipe card or in the comments.
You can use vegan cream cheese and vegan yogurt in the recipe.
You surely can. I have only used oil for brushing the basket. You can use a parchment paper and cut it to the shape of the basket. Use it to line your basket and put broccoli on top. This way you can avoid the use of any oil.
You can double the quantity of Greek yogurt in the recipe and skip cheese.
Yes you can. You can hang the curd in a muslin cloth and drain off the whey and then use.
You can use all purpose flour or corn starch
This recipe works well with cauliflower and baby corn.
This is a great appetizer that is wonderful on its own. You can also pair it with a chicken, seafood or tofu side along with some rice or salad for a complete meal.
Frozen broccoli may not work very well in this recipe. Fresh broccoli is better.
This recipe tastes crispy and best when had fresh.
You May Also Like these other healthy Air fryer Recipes: