Making pizza in an air fryer is a breeze. It is done in no time and is perfectly crunchy and cooked with the cheese melted to perfection. The kids are ecstatic.
It is not so difficult to make pizza at home. I have done it pretty often in the past. But with a family of four, the wait for each one to be done in our OTG was a killjoy!
With my Philips air fryer, I could do one pizza in about 6-7 minutes. Pretty awesome!
How to Assemble the Perfect Pizza
1. Tomato sauce: I make mine from scratch using tomato puree, olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, chilli flakes, salt and sugar. Make it thick and not runny.
You can use store bought sauce too.
2. Pizza base: I buy the store-bought one, 6" personal pizza size. This time I used whole wheat flour base. Make it from scratch if you so prefer.
3. Mozzarella cheese: Melts so well on pizza. Get the pre-grated or pre-diced one to reduce prep time.
4. Toppings: Pretty much what you like. You can only go with tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese for a feisty margarita pie too.
I use peppers, mushrooms, pickles, sometimes sausages, pepperoni, diced cottage cheese (or paneer), corn, olives and so on. Use whatever you have available.
5. Seasonings: Some oregano and chilli flakes on top give it a nice kick.
It will depend upon the size and thickness of your pizza base. Mine took about 6-7 minutes at 390 F for a nice brown crunch.
Yes, you can cook frozen pizza without the need to thaw it first.
Yes, it is very easy to cook pizza in an air fryer. It is super quick as well.
Air fryer is wonderful for reheating. You can reheat precooked pizza from the fridge in the air fryer at 320 F for about 3-4 minutes or till heated through.
Preheat Air fryer at 390 F or 200 C for 3 minutes.
Assemble the pizza by taking the store bought 6" pizza crust.
Spread out the tomato sauce on top. Spread out diced mozzarella cheese on top of it. Put the toppings of your choice.
Carefully place the prepared pizza crust inside the air fryer basket after spraying it lightly with oil.
You could use a parchment paper too.
Air fry at 390 F or 200 C for 6-7 minutes till the cheese has melted and the pizza is browned. Take out and serve hot.
Delicious air fryer pizza is ready to serve.
Here's the recipe card:
Air fryer Pizza
- 1 pizza crust 6" size
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese shredded or diced
- Basil leaves optional
- Oregano and chili flakes for garnish optional
- Preheat the air fryer at 390 F or 200 C for 3 minutes.
- Assemble your pizza. Spray the air fryer basket with some olive oil. Place the pizza crust carefully.
- Spread out the tomato sauce on top. Place mozzarella cheese generously all over. Put toppings of your choice on top.
- Air fry at 390 F for about 6-7 minutes till cheese has melted, base is crispy and the pizza looks nice and brown.
- Take it out and serve hot after garnish (optional).
If you liked the recipe, I request you to leave a star * rating. Thanks.