This delicious Indo-Chinese veg manchurian recipe is a crowd pleaser. You can make these manchurian balls in air fryer.
We love our Indo-Chinese food here. It is nothing like Chinese food. It is spicy, tangy and very satisfying with our favourite desi touch.
You can easily make the veg Manchurian balls at home. And to make them healthier, I cook veg Manchurian balls in my Air fryer.
In case, you wish to you can deep fry them or even cook them in an appe pan with lesser oil.
Once the vegetable balls are made, they are tossed in a thick Manchurian gravy. I love to serve these with our veg noodles, and it truly makes for such a satisfying meal.
How to Make Veg Manchurian Balls
These veg Manchurian balls are made with finely chopped vegetables. You can use any vegetables that you have. That way, this is a versatile recipe.
It is also an easy way to finish off leftover vegetables in your pantry.
I generally use cabbage, green pepper or capsicum, zucchini, carrot and broccoli depending upon availability.
Pro-Tip: I use my vegetable chopper which is hand operated and gives me finely-chopped vegetables in a jiffy.
Add a few spices and binding agents and then you can make your veg manchurian balls.
The great part is that you can have these vegetable balls as an appetizer or snack just by themselves. They are quite tasty and crunchy.
Of course, you can toss them in the spicy gravy in case you are making a full-fledged meal.
How to Make Veg Manchurian Curry with Air fryer (Stepwise Pictures)
Finely chop mixed vegetables, ginger, garlic and green chillies
Add salt, pepper, cornflour, rice flour and all purpose flour to the chopped veggies.
Mix well and form veg manchurian balls.
Preheat Air fryer to 390 F or 200 C for 6 minutes.
Now spray oil on the air fryer basket and on the veg balls. Arrange the balls in the fryer in one layer.
Air fry for 16-18 minutes turning once in the middle and spraying some more oil if needed.
To prepare the Manchurian gravy
Chop onions, spring onion and peppers.
Heat oil in a pan. Fry finely chopped ginger, garlic, onion, peppers, spring onion and green chillies.
Add soy sauce and chilli sauce with water.
Cook for some time. Now add the cornflour slurry to thicken the sauce.
Add the manchurian balls and mix them well. Add vinegar and turn off heat.
Garnish with spring onion greens and serve hot with veg hakka noodles or fried rice.
Here's the recipe card:
Veg Manchurian Recipe
- 3 cups mixed vegetables finely chopped
- 2 tsp. ginger and garlic finely chopped
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. rice flour
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. cornflour
- 1 tsp. pepper powder
- 1 tsp. oil for brushing or spraying
- Salt to taste
- For Manchurian Curry
- 1 tbsp. ginger garlic finely chopped
- 2 peppers cut into squares
- 2 onions sliced
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. garlic chilli sauce
- 1 spring onion finely chopped
- 2 tsp. vinegar
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- 2 tsp. cornflour dissolved in water for a slurry
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Finely chop mixed vegetables likes cabbage, peppers or capsicum, beans, broccoli, carrot along with ginger, garlic and green chillies.
- Add salt and pepper powder, rice flour, cornflour and all-purpose flour. Mix well and form veg Manchurian balls.
For Air frying Manchurian Balls
- Preheat Air fryer to 390 F or 200 C for 6 minutes.
- Spray the basket with a little oil and spray the veg Manchurian balls with oil too. Now add the balls to the air fryer basket in one layer.
- Air fry for about 18 minutes. Turn once in the middle.
- You will have nice crispy, golden brown veg Manchurian balls. Make the balls in batches till all are done. I took 2 batches to do.
For Deep Frying Manchurian balls:
- Heat oil in a pan. Wait for it to be medium hot.
- Now deep fry 5-6 balls at one time on medium heat till golden brown. Take out on an absorbent paper.
- You could also make the Manchurian balls in an appe pan. Lightly grease the rounds and put the dumplings in. Fry on each side till dark brown.
For Manchurian gravy:
- Heat oil in a pan. Add sliced onions, peppers, chopped spring onions (save the greens), finely chopped ginger, garlic and green chillies and lightly fry.
- Now add soya sauce and chilli sauce and mix together. Add 2-3 cups of water to form a gravy. Taste and add salt and pepper.
- Make a slurry of cornflour in water.
- Add it to the boiling gravy slowly. The gravy starts thickening. Add vinegar now. Mix well. Add vegetable balls and coat them with the curry. Garnish with greens of spring onion.
- Serve hot with noodles or fried rice.
In case you liked this recipe, I request you to leave a star * rating either on the recipe card or in the comments. Thank you.
You May also like:
Check out my other popular Air fryer recipes.