Vegetable hakka noodles is a favourite at my home. It is spicy and loaded with crunchy, fresh veggies and it is a hit with kids. It can be had as it is or teamed with your favourite Chinese curry, which in our case, is more Indo-Chinese. It is also really easy to make and I will share a few tricks so that you get it just like restaurants as my kids say. Here is my easy recipe of veg hakka noodles:
📖 Recipe Card
Vegetable Hakka Noodles Recipe Restaurant Style
This is a perfect recipe that can be had as a meal at any time of the day. Spicy veg noodles hakka style is also a favourite with kids.
- 1 packet Veg noodles 225 gms.
- 1 cup mixed vegetables beans, broccoli, zucchini, peppers, mushroom chopped fine
- 3-4 tbsp. sesame oil or any vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. hot chilly garlic sauce Reduce the quantity for less heat
- 1 tbsp. vinegar
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 spring onions chopped fine Keep the greens for garnishing
- 1 green chilly chopped fine optional
- 1 tbsp. tomato ketchup if your kids like it (optional)
- Boil the noodles as per instructions on the packet. Strain them in a colander when done. Now pour about 2-3 cups of normal water through them on the strainer. This helps to wash out the starch. Then take about 1-2 tbsp. of oil and srpinkle on the noodles. Mix through. Your noodles will not stick to each other and are ready for further cooking.
- Heat leftover oil in a wok. Make it smoking hot. Now add the minced garlic and whites of spring onions. Quickly stir fry on high heat for about 30 seconds. Now add the finely chopped mixed vegetables and stir fry for about 2-3 minutes on high heat stirring continuously. Now add the dark soy sauce and red chilli sauce to the veggies.
- Mix well and add the noodles. Mix the noodles well with seasoned vegetables. Stir fry for a couple of minutes on high heat. Add the vinegar and tomato ketchup (if adding). Turn off the heat. Mix well.
- Garnish with greens of spring onions and serve hot.
- Your delicious veg hakka noodles are ready to eat.
You can use egg noodles in place of veg noodles if you like. You can try other variations of the sauces as well though this one works really well. Use any combination of vegetables but make sure that they are cut in equal small size. I use my cast iron wok which works really well for this. It can be very hot and yet does not make the noodles stick. Use something similar and make sure that when you are cooking on high heat, you are constantly stirring the noodles. To make it even more nutritious, add chicken pieces or prawns along with the sauces and then cook as mentioned. You can add tofu or cottage cheese for vegetarian protein after you have added the sauces.
Tried this recipe?Let me know on Instagram @rachna.parmar or tag #rachnacooks
Check out our Food videos Subscribe to our Food channel for recipe videos
Your veg hakka noodles are ready to serve. You can even pack them in your kid's lunchbox. They take pretty good at room temperature as well.
Do try my recipe and let me know how it went.
If you enjoyed my recipe, do share.
Here's an easy video recipe of the same
Mayuri Nidigallu says
The noodles look better than the ones served in restaurants and I am sure they are DELICIOUS too! Going to try this recipe!
Ohh my! you have to invite me your home. This looks amazing ?
Shailaja V says
One of my favourite dishes to eat both at home and in restaurants. The whole family enjoys it. V makes a Fantastic version of it too ? Your picture looks so delicious!
Isn’t garlic amazing? I love the flavour it imparts. Some people find it too strong but I like even plain, roasted garlic in ghee. Oh and garlic with soy, Yum!
I love garlic, in everything. It has such great flavour. Noodles are super easy and tasty to make. It's wonderful that V makes them. I am sure Gy loves them a lot.
Shailaja V says
Oh I make them too and do a good job. He just does a better job ?
Damyanti Biswas says
I’m going to try this one out ?
I hope you like it, Damyanti.