Vegetable hakka noodles is a favourite at my home. It is spicy and loaded with crunchy, fresh veggies and it is a hit with kids. It can be had as it is or teamed with your favourite Chinese curry, which in our case, is more Indo-Chinese. It is also really easy to make and I will share a few tricks so that you get it just like restaurants as my kids say. Here is my easy recipe of veg hakka noodles:
Vegetable Hakka Noodles Recipe Restaurant Style
- 1 packet Veg noodles 225 gms.
- 1 cup mixed vegetables beans, broccoli, zucchini, peppers, mushroom chopped fine
- 3-4 tbsp. sesame oil or any vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. hot chilly garlic sauce Reduce the quantity for less heat
- 1 tbsp. vinegar
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 spring onions chopped fine Keep the greens for garnishing
- 1 green chilly chopped fine optional
- 1 tbsp. tomato ketchup if your kids like it (optional)
- Boil the noodles as per instructions on the packet. Strain them in a colander when done. Now pour about 2-3 cups of normal water through them on the strainer. This helps to wash out the starch. Then take about 1-2 tbsp. of oil and srpinkle on the noodles. Mix through. Your noodles will not stick to each other and are ready for further cooking.
- Heat leftover oil in a wok. Make it smoking hot. Now add the minced garlic and whites of spring onions. Quickly stir fry on high heat for about 30 seconds. Now add the finely chopped mixed vegetables and stir fry for about 2-3 minutes on high heat stirring continuously. Now add the dark soy sauce and red chilli sauce to the veggies.
- Mix well and add the noodles. Mix the noodles well with seasoned vegetables. Stir fry for a couple of minutes on high heat. Add the vinegar and tomato ketchup (if adding). Turn off the heat. Mix well.
- Garnish with greens of spring onions and serve hot.
- Your delicious veg hakka noodles are ready to eat.
Your veg hakka noodles are ready to serve. You can even pack them in your kid's lunchbox. They take pretty good at room temperature as well.
Do try my recipe and let me know how it went.
If you enjoyed my recipe, do share.
Here's an easy video recipe of the same