French fries are a wonderful treat loved by both adults and children alike. This is the perfect any time snack and is really delicious with barely any oil used in air fryer.
We often wonder how the French fries stay so crispy when we get them outside but not when made at home.
That is actually not true. If you use these tricks you can make the perfectly cooked and crunchy french fries in Air fryer.
My favourite and non-guilty way of making French fries is in airfryer. The fries come out looking perfectly fried and crispy.
You will not be able to tell that they are not deep fried. Sometimes I use only salt and cayenne as seasoning.
At other times chaat masala or even peri peri powder.
Even pepper and chaat masala is good.
How to Make Air fryer Frozen French Fries
Let's face it, sometimes we just are not in the mood to do the entire process from scratch.
At such times frozen fries in air fryer are a good option. It is pretty easy to make too.
Do check the packet for any specific instructions.
Deep Frying French fries:
1. Heat enough oil in a pan to deep fry fries. Heat the oil and bring it to medium heat. Now put in the soaked and dried fries and fry on a medium till they are half fried.
The fries will not be golden brown but will look slightly done. Take them out and drain on a kitchen towel.
2. Now increase the heat of the oil and once again fry the half-fried fries. They should have cooled down by now.
Just like the airfryer, this second frying at higher temperature is to give a crispy golden-brown shell to the French fries.
Drain on an absorbent paper tower and sprinkle with peri peri seasoning. Serve immediately.
Homemade fries in Air fryer from scratch does not take long and is my favourite way of making restaurant-style French fries at home.
You can try the Airfryer I use at home. I hope you liked the recipes and will try them out.
As you can tell, kids absolutely love these french fries. You can use any other seasoning that you like as well.
Serve with ketchup, mayo or any dip of your choice.
You may also like:
Cut potatoes into even-sized french fries and soak in cold water for 30 minutes.
Strain and pat dry with a dry cloth.
Add 1 tsp. oil along with salt and cayenne and toss the French fries in it. Also brush some oil in the Airfryer basket. Pre-heat airfryer to 180 C or 360F for 6 minutes.
Cook on 180 C or 360 F for 10 minutes.
Now cook for 10 minutes at 200 C or 390 F. Your french fries made at home are ready.
You can use any other seasoning of choice too. Your Air fryer french fries are ready to serve.
If you liked this recipe, I request you to give a * star rating either on the recipe or when you comment. Thank you.
How to Make Air fryer French Fries at home
- 2 potatoes cut into fries
- 1 tsp. cayenne or red chilli powder
- 1 tsp. oil
- salt to taste
- Cold water
- Soak cut fries for about 30 minutes in cold water. This helps to remove the starch from the fries which helps in keeping the fries separate.
- Now strain the water and pat dry the fries with a dry cloth. Your potato fries are now ready to be cooked.
Making French fries in an Airfryer:
- Take salt and cayenne along with oil and sprinkle all over the fries so that all the fries are coated with oil and spice.
- Pre-heat Air fryer at 180 C or 360 F for 6 minutes.
- Brush the airfryer basket with some oil as well. Now pile up the fries in the airfryer basket.
- Put the airfryer basket inside and cook for 10 minutes at 180 C or 360 F. This helps the fries to cook. Now hike the temperature to 200 C or 390 F and further cook the fries for about 10 minutes. Make sure that you shake the fries once every 5 minutes in each cycle. This helps them to cook evenly. This cooking at higher temperature makes the fries super crispy.
- Your Airfryer French fries are ready to serve. I can bet that you won’t be able to tell that they are not deep-fried.
Deep Frying French fries:
- Heat enough oil in a pan to deep fry fries. Heat the oil and bring it to medium heat. Now put in the soaked and dried fries and fry on a medium till they are half fried. The fries will not be golden brown but will look slightly done. Take them out and drain on a kitchen towel.
- Now increase the heat of the oil and once again fry the half-fried fries. They should have cooled down by now. Just like the airfryer, this second frying at higher temperature is to give a crispy golden-brown shell to the French fries. Drain on an absorbent paper tower and sprinkle with peri peri seasoning. Serve immediately.
Frozen Fries in Air Fryer
- Pre-heat Air fryer at 200 C or 390 F for 6 minutes.
- Put the frozen french fries in the Air fryer basket. Put the airfryer basket inside and cook for 10 minutes at 200 C or 390 F. Your fries are done.
- Cut the fries in even shapes so that they cook uniformly.
- You can also cut them thicker as wedges and cook. Make sure to adjust the cooking time as the wedges are thicker than fries.
- Doing the process of soaking in water and drying fries before airfrying or deep frying really lets you have crunchy fries that do not stick.
- You can also use other seasoning like oregano, chaat masala, chilli flakes and salt.
Please do share with your friends.