These honey roasted almonds with sesame are quick and easy to make whether on stove-top, oven or Air fryer.
They are a perfect sweet treat for the holidays and also make for a fantastic gift option. Even newbies will get it right every time.
These honey coated almonds are absolutely addictive and sinfully tasty with a kick of cayenne. Sometimes I even add a bit of grated cinnamon to it.
The recipe is as easy as it can get and gets done super quick in my Air fryer. You can do the same in the oven as well.
They will easily last for 4 weeks when stored in an airtight jar. You can store in the refrigerator as well but they will harden a bit there.
You sure can. But they add a certain crunch and are healthy. They also make the almonds look super pretty.
Brown sugar works equally well and so does coconut sugar.
Cinnamon goes really well. You can also go for chilli flakes instead of cayenne.
You can use maple syrup in place of honey for a vegan version.
This recipe works with walnuts, cashews and peanuts too.
Here is my easy roasted almonds recipe:
📖 Recipe Card
Honey Roasted Almonds Recipe
- 1 cup almonds or 250 gm.
- ½ tsp. cayenne or chilli powder
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp. honey or maple syrup for vegan version
- 1 tbsp. jaggery or brown sugar
To prepare the honey coating:
- Mix together honey, cayenne, salt and sesame seeds. Microwave for 20-30 seconds so that everything gets liquidy and mixes well. Keep aside.
For Air fryer:
- Preheat Air fryer at 360 F or 180 C for 5 minutes with a steel tin or cake tin.
- Line the tin with parchment paper. Spread the almonds in one layer. Add the honey coating and mix well so that every almond is coated. Sprinkle 1 tbsp. jaggery all over them.
- Air fry for 8-10 minutes till almonds are toasted along with the coating. Take it out and keep it for cooling for 5 minutes or till the coating hardens. Enjoy your honey coated almonds. They are just delicious.
In the Oven
- Preheat oven at 360 F or 180 C for about 10 minutes. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Spread the almonds in one layer. Add the honey coating and mix well so that every almond is coated. Sprinkle 1 tbsp. jaggery all over them.
- Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes till almonds are toasted along with the coating. Take it out and keep it for cooling for 5 minutes or till the coating hardens. Your almonds are ready.
On stove top:
- Lightly toast the almonds for 8-10 minutes till they are done. Now add the microwaved coating and mix well. Leave it out to cool and harden. Your almonds are done.
2. Use good quality almonds and make sure you don’t let them burn.
3. You can vary the spices and reduce the cayenne as per your requirement.
4. This recipe works well with walnuts, cashews or peanuts. My favourite is almond though.
Your delicious roasted almonds are ready. Have them as a delicious snack or as a holiday treat. Do try.
If you liked the recipe, I request you to give a star * rating for the same. Thanks.
You may also like