Roasting almonds in air fryer is a brilliant idea. It is so simple. You need no oil. You get the crispiest nuts to munch on or use otherwise.
I love doing air fryer cashews and peanuts. Doing air fryer almonds was a logical extension. In case you enjoy honey roasted almonds, this is for you.
I often roast the almonds which I use later as snack or to top my cereal or salads.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
1. Healthy: Almonds are so good for you. They help maintain or increase your good cholesterol of HDL.
Roasting them enhances their flavour and makes them more palatable.
2. Easy-Peasy: This recipe is so easy. Nothing much to do really. Perfect for newbies.
3.Crispy Perfection: Air fried almonds come out perfectly crispy and evenly roasted.
4. Versatile: Roasted almonds can be made into a savory or sweet snack by tossing with spices of choice. Such a great treat.
1. Almonds: I used 1 cup of raw almonds.
2. Seasonings: I used salt and cayenne for a spicy hit. Even pepper works.
3. Olive oil: Just a little oil to help the spices adhere to the nuts better.
Variations and Substitutions
1. Sweet: You can do some cinnamon and brown sugar or maple syrup for a tasty sweet treat. Top with toasted sesame seeds.
2. Add Some Heat: I love adding some cayenne for a nice red colour and heat. You can use chili flakes too.
3. Herb: Dried rosemary or thyme can be used for a herby appeal.
4. Skip the Oil: You don’t really need oil except to help the spices to adhere better. But you can toss roasted almonds even without the oil.
5. Vegan: This recipe is vegan and perfect for all diets.
1. Snack: These air fryer roasted almonds are just perfect out of the air fryer. As a matter of fact, I leave them on the dining table to take a handful and eat.
2. On Salads: Sprinkle over salads for a tasty crunch.
3. On Cheese Board: They are perfect when served with cheese and fruit on a cheese board.
4. As gifts: You can bottle them and send to your friends as homemade gifts. They are a definite hit.
Take 1 cup almonds. Lay them in the air fryer basket.
Make sure they are not overcrowded.
Air fry at 180C or 360F for about 4-5 minutes. I have not preheated the air fryer here.
If you preheat, you will need even lesser time to air fry.
Your almonds will get evenly roasted and will be browned. Shake the basket midway.
Watch them after 3 minutes because they can burn very quickly.
Take them out and carefully empty out in a bowl.
They will be very hot.
Now assemble the seasonings. I add salt, cayenne to olive oil.
Now toss the hot off the air fryer almonds with the seasoning mix to coat well.
That’s it. Your roasted almonds are ready to eat.
Before storing, allow them to completely cool down, then store in an air tight jar.
They can last for a week. But mine never do because they finish off before that. Enjoy.
1. Don’t overcrowd: Lay out the nuts for even cooking. I can easily fit about 1.5 to 2 cups almonds at one go in my air fryer.
2. Shake the basket: Shake the basket midway for even roasting of nuts.
3. Time may vary: Air frying time may vary slightly depending upon the size and quality of your almonds and the model of your air fryer.
4. Toss with seasonings after air frying: If you apply seasonings before air frying, some spices may burn.
It is best to apply seasonings to hot roasted almonds.
Here’s the recipe card:
📖 Recipe Card
Air fryer Roasted Almonds
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. cayenne or paprika
- ½ tsp. chaat masala optional
- Take 1 cup almonds. Lay them in the air fryer basket.
- Make sure they are not overcrowded.
- Air fry at 180C or 360F for about 4-5 minutes.
- Your almonds will get evenly roasted and will be browned. Shake the basket midway.
- Watch them after 3 minutes because they can burn very quickly.
- Take them out and carefully empty out in a bowl.
- They will be very hot.
- Now assemble the seasonings. I add salt and cayenne to olive oil.
- Now toss the hot off the air fryer almonds with the seasoning mix to coat well.
- That’s it. Your roasted almonds are ready to eat.
- Before storing, allow them to completely cool down, then store in an air tight jar.
- They can last for a week. But mine never do because they finish off before that. Enjoy.