This delightful air fryer banana is a nice sweet treat that is ready in under 15 minutes. It is sweet with a little pop of spice. It’s a lovely way to eat fruit and make a quick treat.
My kids love these bananas. I had leftover pumpkin pie spice so I used that. But you can just substitute with ground cinnamon.
Brown sugar gives it a lovely caramelisation while not making it too sweet.
It is great on its own. Or you can serve it topped with whipped cream, nuts, ice cream or even as a topping on peanut butter toast.
You may also like air fryer pineapple, honey roasted almonds in air fryer, air fryer pears, air fryer apples, Air fryer Oreos, air fryer peanut butter cookies, air fryer S’mores.
Fruit really works very well in air fryer for a quick sweet treat.
Bananas: Use ripe bananas, but they should not be overripe. Cut them any way you like - halve or in pieces. I leave the peels on for easy handling.
Spice: I have used pumpkin pie spice here. In case, you don’t have it then use some ground cinnamon.
Butter/vegan butter: Use vegan butter for dairy free and ghee or butter if you consume dairy.
This recipe is vegan and dairy free if using vegan butter. It is also gluten free.
If you consume dairy, you can use ghee or butter in place of coconut oil.
If you like vanilla flavour, add vanilla essence to the bananas.
Pineapple or pears can be used in place of bananas
Cinnamon and nutmeg can be used in place of pumpkin pie spice
Ghee or coconut oil can be used in place of butter or vegan butter.
1. Dessert: Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a delicious dessert.
2. With breakfast: Slice air fried banana and top your yogurt or oatmeal. Serve it with pancakes, waffles or French toast.
3. As a snack: Serve air fried bananas topped with some Nutella or peanut butter and garnished with nuts as a snack. Use them to top a peanut butter sandwich.
4. With cocktails: Serve as a sweet garnish for cocktails like rum or whiskey sours.
1. Use ripe bananas but avoid overripe ones. They become too mushy on air frying. You can try this banana bread in air fryer with overripe bananas.
2. Cut the bananas into halves after peeling. You can also cut them into pieces.
3. You can use honey or maple syrup in place of brown sugar. But I prefer brown sugar for a lovely caramelisation.
4. Brushing them with ghee or melted butter makes them richer in taste. But, you can make this recipe without any butter/vegan butter too.
These are best eaten hot off the air fryer. But if you really must you can store them in the fridge for 2-3 days in an air tight container.
Just reheat in microwave or air fryer and eat.
Don’t freeze them as they get too mushy on reheating.
Peel the bananas and cut them into halves lengthwise. Leave the peel on for better handling, then cut them in halves with peel on
Brush them with coconut oil/vegan butter or butter/ghee.
Sprinkle brown sugar mixed with cinnamon sugar on top of the banana halves.
Preheat air fryer at 180C or 360F for 4 minutes.
Lay the halved bananas in one layer in the air fryer basket.
Air fry at 360F or 180C for 8-10 minutes till they are nice and caramelised.
They should be soft cooked too.
Take them out and serve hot.
Check the serving suggestions given above the recipe card. Makes for a perfect sweet treat.
Here's the recipe card:
Air fryer Banana
- 2 banana
- 1 tsp. Pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. butter or vegan butter
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- Peel the bananas and cut them into halves lengthwise. If you want to leave the peel on for better handling, then cut them in halves with peel on
- Brush them with coconut oil/vegan butter or butter/ghee.
- Sprinkle brown sugar mixed with cinnamon on top of the banana halves.
- Preheat air fryer at 180C or 360F for 4 minutes.
- Lay the halved bananas in one layer in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 360F or 180C for 8-10 minutes till they are nice and caramelised.
- They should be soft cooked too.
- Take them out and serve hot. Check the serving suggestions given above the recipe card. Makes for a perfect sweet treat.
If you liked the recipe, I request you to leave a star * rating. Thanks.
Leave a Reply