I have been having soya chunks or soya nuggets curry since childhood. Soy is a rich source of protein and soya chunks or nuggets are a great way to incorporate protein in a vegetarian diet. It has a meaty texture and is pretty satisfying to eat. My kids love having this curry. I make it regularly with potatoes and peas. Sometimes I add soya nuggets to my veg pulav or veg tehari to up their protein. Do try this easy soya chunks curry which is very high in protein. It is great for kids' lunchboxes too.
Here is the simple soya chunks gravy recipe:
Soya Chunks Curry Recipe | High Protein Soy Mealmaker Curry
- 100 gm. Soya Chunks I use MDH or Nutrela brands
- 2 potatoes peeled and cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup peas fresh or frozen
- 2 large onions chopped
- 2 to matoes chopped
- 2 tbsp. ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tbsp. roasted peanuts
- 2 green chillies
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. garam masala powder
- 1 tsp. coriander powder
- 1 tsp. red chilli powder optional
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp. oil
- coriander leaves to garnish
- Cook soya nuggets as per the instructions on the pack. I normally boil salted water. Then take it off the heat and immerse soya chunks in that for about 15 minutes. They double in size. Then I squeeze them of all water and keep them aside for further cooking.
- To prepare the curry, heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. Let them sputter. Now add onion, chillies and ginger-garlic paste and cook till onions are transparent. Takes about 5-7 minutes. Now add in the tomatoes and some salt and cook till every thing is mushy. Generally takes about 5-7 minutes.
- Now blend this together and bring it back to boil. Add chopped potatoes and peas along with turmeric powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder and red chilli powder with some salt. Add the roasted and powdered peanuts too. Cook covered on low flame till the potatoes and peas are well cooked. Normally takes 10-15 minutes.
- Add more water to make the gravy thin and add the prepared soya chunks. Mix well and boil for about 2 minutes more. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Do try out soya chunks gravy and incorporate it in your regular meals. It is a good source of protein for a vegetarian or vegan diet.
If you liked the recipe, I request you to leave a star * rating either on the recipe card or in the comments.
You ay also like:
Subscribe to my monthly newsletter for more such recipes, health, food and fitness tips:
Click here to join