Dahi ke Aloo is my favourite dish. One reason being it is very easy and quick to whip up. My kids will vouch for the fact that many afternoons when I am in a rush to quickly make lunch, this is the recipe I turn to. It also helps that it is tasty in a homely way. Goes well with both rotis and rice. If you have boiled potatoes at hand and some dahi or yoghurt, you can have this ready in under 10 minutes. Wonderful, isn't it?
So here's my simple recipe of Dahi ke Aloo or Spicy Potatoes in Yoghurt Curry
Dahi Ke Aloo | Spicy Potatoes in Yoghurt Curry
- Take curd in a bowl. Add in the turmeric, coriander, chilli powders. Dilute with water and beat well to buttermilk consistency.
- Chop potatoes and keep aside.
- Now heat oil in a kadhai. Add cumin seeds, asafoetida and fenugreek seeds. Let them sputter. It takes about 30 seconds. Add in the ginger paste and curry leaves and fry for one minute.
- Now add the chopped potatoes and slit green chillies and fry them for a couple of minutes.
- Lower the flame and add the curd-spices mix gently.
- Stir well. Add salt. Cook on medium flame till the curry comes to a boil. This takes about 3-4 minutes.
- Now taste and adjust seasoning.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Your dahi ke aloo is ready to serve with rotis or boiled rice.
- Easy, isn't it?
Your dahi ke aloo is ready to serve. Let me know if you try out the recipe.