Pumpkin spice lattes became popular via Starbucks. Come fall and people head for their dose of this delicious beverage. And let me tell you, delicious it is. So much so that I end up making it regularly once I make pumpkin puree at home. The recipe is super easy and comes together in about 10 minutes if you have the ingredients at hand. Here's my pumpkin pie spice recipe.
Of course, since I like the healthier way of having drinks I cut out the whipped cream and made a copycat Starbucks version. But if you are feeling indulgent, why not go ahead!
Easy alternatives for ingredients of Pumpkin spice latte
1. Pumpkin puree: If you don’t have homemade pumpkin puree, you can go for canned puree. It tastes pretty similar.
2. Pumpkin spice: You can use 1 tsp. cinnamon powder and ¼ tsp. nutmeg powder as a quick substitute in case you don’t have ready pumpkin pie spice at hand.
3. Vegan alternatives: Use plant-based milks like almond milk, cashew milk or soy milk in place of regular milk. It is delicious either way. You can also go for slim milk as I do instead of full fat milk for a healthier option.
4. Cut out the whipped cream if you plan on making it regularly.
5. Use instant coffee if you don’t have fresh brewed coffee though I must tell you I gave up instant coffee ages ago. Brewed coffee rocks.
Here's my easy Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe:
Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 2 cups milk or plant-based milk
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice plus some for sprinkling
- 1.5 tbsp. sugar or brown sugar
- ½ cup coffee
- Whipped cream optional
- Mix together pumpkin puree, spice, sugar and milk. Heat it and keep aside.
- Make fresh brewed coffee on the side.
- Pour ¼ cup coffee for 1 mug. Add the heated pumpkin milk mixture. Mix well. Garnish with whipped cream if using and sprinkle some more pumpkin spice to reinforce the taste. Your delicious pumpkin pie latte is ready to have. Enjoy!
2. If you want more pumpkin flavour add more pumpkin puree. I already do add more because I like it that way. Do try our homemade pumpkin puree recipe.
3. Fresh pumpkin pie spice tastes the best but you can use store bought or even use 1 tsp. cinnamon with ¼ tsp. nutmeg in its place. Here is my homemade pumpkin spice recipe.
4. Using whipped cream makes it indulgent but since I make it regularly, my healthier version does not have it. But trust me it tastes fantastic nonetheless.
5. Fresh brewed coffee takes it to the next level. But feel free to use instant coffee dissolved in hot water as a substitute.
6. Adjust sugar or brown sugar as per your taste. I prefer low sweetness.
Hope you liked this recipe. Do try my healthy pumpkin spice latte. I have given a lot of substitutes to make it easier in case you are missing something.
If you liked this recipe, I request you to leave a star * rating on the recipe card or in the comments. Thanks.
You may also like