This delicious and easy vegan pumpkin soup recipe is creamy and very wholesome. It is perfect for fall and winter, as it is warm and comforting.
It is light yet filling too. Since pumpkin is in season, this is the perfect time to make this healthy pumpkin soup recipe without cream at home.
It is rich in Calcium, Vitamin A and vitamins and other minerals.
You may also like Zucchini soup recipe, Broccoli soup, Hot and Sour soup recipe, Tomato, beetroot and carrot soup, Delicious leek and potato soup and High protein horsegram soup
Pumpkin is such an easy vegetable to cook but it is the cutting which takes some time.
Once you have the peel and seeds out, it cooks in no time.
Roasting it in oven makes it even more flavourful and if you have leftover roasted pumpkin, you can use that here.
This soup is super creamy despite not using any cream. Adding cashew paste does it. Also you can use coconut cream too.
It is hearty and warming. Look at that gorgeous yellow colour. My kids just slurped away more than 1 serve and I said why not!
Here’s how to make this pumpkin curry soup with coconut milk:
📖 Recipe Card
Healthy vegan pumpkin soup
- 2 cups pumpkin pieces roughly chopped
- 1.5 cups vegetable stock or use one vegetable stock cube
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 tbsp. ginger minced
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 6.8 oz. coconut milk or 200 ml.
- 8 cashews soaked and made into paste optional
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp. pepper freshly ground
- ½ tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Lightly saute onion and minced ginger and garlic till they turn transparent. It takes about 3-4 minutes on low flame. Now add pumpkin pieces. Make sure you remove the outer skin and chop into pieces.
- Add about 1.5 cups of vegetable stock and cook till pumpkin pieces are soft which takes about 15 minutes.
- If using a pressure cooker, cook for 2 whistles and let the pressure release naturally.
- Now blend till fine. Put the blended soup back on heat.
- Add the thick coconut milk, along with turmeric and salt. Cook for about 5 minutes on low flame.
- Add ground pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Garnish with sesame seeds or pumpkin seeds for an added crunch and nutrition.
- Serve this delicious pumpkin soup with some salad and toasted bread on the side for a light meal or serve it as it is.
You can use the same recipe to make butternut squash soup.
You can easily make a large batch and store this soup in the refrigerator for upto 3 days.
This soup is ready in under 30 minutes and is a must try now.
This soup is low calorie, low fat, super easy to make, tasty, gluten-free, dairy free and vegan.
If you liked this recipe, I request you to leave a star * rating in the comments or on the recipe card. Thanks.
Easy and delicious! Gimme ALL the vegan pumpkin soup for the next 2 months 🙂
hehe You will have to come home for that. Thanks Traci!
Bless my food by payal says
This bowl is hitting me on my heart. Mouth is badly watering.❤️
Andrea Metlika says
Such an easy, healthy and fantastic sounding soup!
Shinta Simon says
Love this vegan soup idea! I like that you used cashews for the base. I can imagine how flavorful this must be ❤️
Yum!! Love how simple and flavorful this recipe looks, definitely saving to make soon!!