Lemongrass tea just the name evokes a citrusy, fresh feel, doesn’t it? I only recently started making it, and I have to say that I love it immensely. It is included in the arsenal of my tea recipes, and I make it regularly. It helps that I grow lemongrass in pots at home hence have a steady supply of it. Else it can easily be bought at a store.
Benefits of Lemongrass Tea
Lemongrass tea has immense health benefits. Brimming with antioxidants and cooling energy it helps with digestion problems. Its high Vitamin A and Vitamin C makes it useful during coughs and colds. It is also good for health of skin and hair. It is rich in Potassium and helps in regulating blood pressure. It also relieves bloating and is good to relieve premenstrual stress. It has polyphenols which helps in burning more calories and increasing metabolism.
There are 3 ways in which you can make fresh lemongrass tea:
Ways to Make Lemongrass Tea
First and the simplest is that you take 2 cups of water. Heat it and add 1 lemongrass stalks and grass chopped in it. Allow to steep for 10-15 minutes, and you will get a pale liquid. Add honey and lemon juice to taste, and your lemongrass tea is ready.
Another way would be to add a tea bag when you will allow the lemongrass to steep. Remove the tea bag when the liquid looks pale brown. Then continue to steep lemongrass. Finally strain and add honey and lemon juice to taste for your fresh hot lemongrass tea.
And here’s my favourite Indian lemongrass tea or chai recipe:
Fresh Lemongrass Tea Recipe | Lemongrass chai
- 2 cups water
- 1.5 tsp tea leaves I use Taj Mahal tea
- 1 lemongrass stalks and leaves chopped
- 2 tsp. sugar/honey
- ¼ cup milk
- Bring the water and lemongrass stalks and leaves to a boil. Let lemongrass steep for about 5 minutes.
- Now add the tea leaves and lower the flame. Let the tea leaves brew for about 3 minutes.
- Add milk and sugar. Heat for a minute more.
- Strain and serve.
- Your Lemongrass chai is ready.
- You must add both leaves and stalk of lemongrass. I end up using one lemongrass each time.
- You can skip milk but I do love this Indian way of making lemongrass tea.
- You can add a dash of cinnamon powder if you like.
Heat lemongrass leaves and stalks along with 2 cups of water.
Steep for 15 minutes. Add 1.5 tsp tea leaves and further steep for 3 minutes. Add 1/4 cup milk and sugar/honey to taste. Strain and serve hot.
Your tea is ready to serve. Enjoy!
Hope you liked this easy recipe of lemongrass tea and will make it and serve it to your friends and family.
If you liked the recipe, I request you to give a * star rating either on the recipe or when you comment. Thank you.
Please do share with your friends.
You may also like