Mozzarella sticks are a universally loved snack, bringing joy with their cheesy, gooey goodness enveloped in a crispy, golden exterior.
They are the ultimate comfort food, a versatile snack that can be enjoyed at any time of the day.
My college-going son loves stocking these frozen mozzarella sticks in his freezer.
A quick cheesy snack that he absolutely relishes making in air fryer.
No mess, supervision-free any time treat.
Did you know that air fryer is perfect for “frying” frozen foods. No need to thaw either.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
1. Quick and Easy: Air fryers provide a fast and efficient way to cook frozen mozzarella sticks.
Within minutes, you can enjoy delicious, restaurant-quality mozzarella sticks.
2. Crispy and Delicious: Air frying ensures that mozzarella sticks achieve an optimum level of crispiness, while keeping the soft and melty interior that we all adore.
3. Slightly Healthier Option: The air fryer uses hot air to cook the food reducing the amount of oil needed especially if you are deep frying these frozen mozzarella sticks.
Frozen Mozzarella Sticks: Use as many as you like from the packet. These are easily available from many brands. Choose the one you like.
Dip of choice: From spicy Sriracha to a yummy ranch or this gochujang aioli.
Choose your favourite dip to serve with it.
1. Serve with Dip: Marinara sauce is a popular way to serve mozzarella sticks with.
Or any dip of choice works like BBQ sauce, honey mustard sauce or ranch.
2. Pair with Salad: A light and fresh salad works very well with crunchy and cheesy mozzarella sticks.
3. Appetizer:Mozzarella sticks make for a nice starter for a party or get together.
They are a crowd pleaser and are enjoyed by most people.
Cut open a pack of frozen mozzarella sticks.
I have used Trader Joe’s mozzarella sticks here, but any brand from the frozen section of your grocery store works fine.
Air Fryer Instructions
Preheat air fryer to 360F or 180C for 5 minutes.
Lay the frozen mozzarella sticks in one layer without overlapping in the air fryer basket.
I do not spray with oil because frozen sticks already have oil.
Air fry at 360F or 180C for about 6-8 minutes.
No need to flip them.
As soon as they are golden and crunchy with melty cheese inside, they are done.
Take them out and serve hot.
1. Avoid Overcrowding: Do keep enough space around mozzarella sticks so that they can air fry evenly.
Overlapping or stacking will result on soggy or undercooked mozzarella sticks.
2. Supervise towards the end: I often end up with oozing mozzarella cheese which frankly I don’t mind.
Just watch it in the last minute or two for perfect crispness.
3. Serve Immediately: These mozzarella sticks taste the best when served immediately after cooking.
It takes about 6-8 minutes in a preheated air fryer at 400F or 200C.
It may vary depending upon the model of your air fryer.
Absolutely! Yes, you can make the recipe from scratch and then air fry.
Air frying time will reduce if they are not frozen.
Stacking leads to uneven cooking and does not lead to crispy food.
Do not stack mozzarella sticks when air frying.
Here's the recipe card:
📖 Recipe Card
Frozen Mozzarella Sticks in Air fryer
- 1 Pack Frozen Mozzarella Sticks
- Cut open a pack of frozen mozzarella sticks.
- I have used Trader Joe’s mozzarella sticks here, but any brand from the frozen section of your grocery store works fine.
Air Fryer Instructions
- Preheat air fryer to 360F or 180C for 5 minutes.
- Lay the frozen mozzarella sticks in one layer without overlapping in the air fryer basket.
- I do not spray with oil because frozen sticks already have oil.
- Air fry at 360F or 180C for about 6-8 minutes.
- No need to flip them.
- As soon as they are golden and crunchy with melty cheese inside, they are done.
- Take them out and serve hot.
Serve Immediately: These mozzarella sticks taste the best when served immediately after cooking.