These dino nuggets in air fryer are a real hit with kids. Super easy to make as I make them from frozen to crispy in no time.
Chicken nuggets are a delight any which way you eat them.
While I make them from scratch many times, I also keep these frozen dinosaur nuggets in the freezer.
I mean, how cute are they! Who will say no to them?
Convenient way to have a snack ready for kids party or even for hungry tummies in a rush.
Best of all reheating chicken nuggets is a real breeze in air fryer in case you have leftovers.
You can also check out these air fryer frozen foods recipes.
So let’s check out the recipe.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
Crispy Snacking: Air frying makes these nuggets evenly cooked and moist inside while making them crispy outside.
Fast: So much quicker than baking, air frying dino nuggets are done in minutes.
Healthier Option: Uses lesser oil than deep frying but achieves a similar crunch.
Dino Nuggets: I am using a pack of frozen dino nuggets.
Whether you're using the popular Tyson dino nuggets or another brand from the freezer section of your grocery story, they all work just fine.
Variations and Substitutions
1. Vegetarian Option: You can find plant based dino nuggets in many stores these days.
They are as delicious and can be prepared in the same way.
2. Homemade Nuggets: Feeling adventurous? Make your own dino-shaped chicken or veggie nuggets and use them in this recipe.
If air frying them from fresh, you need to reduce the air frying time.
3. Spice Lovers: Add a sprinkle of chili flakes or a dash of hot sauce to up the heat.
With dips: I love serving these Dino nuggets with a nice spicy dip like Sriracha sauce or even ranch.
Fries: Fries and nuggets together are a classic combination. French fries or sweet potato fries, any work.
Salad: If you are looking for something nourishing to pair with this breaded treat, then a nice vegetable salad works well.
Air Fryer Instructions
Preheat your air fryer to 400F or 200C for 4 minutes.
Place dino nuggets in a single layer in the air fryer basket, ensuring that they don't overlap.
Air fry for 9 minutes at 400F or 200C till dino nuggets are golden brown and cooked through.
That’s it, your cute dinosaur nuggets in air fryer are done.
Serve them hot.
Preheat your oven to 425F or 220C.
Place the dino nuggets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper ensuring they have enough space between them.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, flipping midway to ensure even cooking.
Once golden brown and evenly cooked, take them out and serve hot.
1. Avoid Overcrowding: For the crispiest dino nuggets, make sure they are not touching each other in the air fryer.
This ensures even air circulation.
2.Check Doneness: Air fryer models can vary.
Always check a minute or two ahead of the suggested time to ensure your dino chicken nuggets are not overcooked.
3. Leftovers: Any leftovers can be kept in the fridge for upto 2 days in an airtight container.
Reheat dino nuggets in the air fryer by heating for 4-5 minutes at 400F or 200C.
Here’s the recipe card:
📖 Recipe Card
Air fryer Dino Nuggets
- Frozen Dino Nuggets 16 pieces
Air Fryer Instructions
- Preheat your air fryer to 400F or 200C for 4 minutes.
- Place dino nuggets in a single layer in the air fryer basket, ensuring that they don't overlap.
- Air fry for 9 minutes at 400F or 200C till dino nuggets are golden brown and cooked through.
- That’s it, your cute dinosaur nuggets in air fryer are done.
- Serve them hot.
- Preheat your oven to 425F or 220C.
- Place the dino nuggets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper ensuring they have enough space between them.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, flipping midway to ensure even cooking.
- Once golden brown and evenly cooked, take them out and serve hot.