If you are craving those perfect corn dogs, then these air fryer frozen corn dogs are just right for you.
Delicious crispy, golden outside with a juicy hot dog inside. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it.
Since I discovered how good the air fryer is for frozen foods, it has opened a whole new world.
Sometimes, I just crave the convenience of frozen foods, and air fryer frozen foods are the right answer.
They are quick, easy and crispy without the mess of deep frying and what to do with the leftover oil.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
1. Mess free, lower oil option: Air frying uses no additional oil as compared to deep frying. Hence you save on the mess and the added Calories.
But do remember that frozen foods are already having their own oil and calories.
2. Crispy: Air frying ensures perfect crunch in frozen appetisers or snacks. No more soggy results.
3. Quick and Easy: Frozen foods are the ultimate convenience. They are perfect for unexpected guests or sudden hungry tummies.
Just pop them in air fryer and they are piping hot and super crispy in minutes.
Frozen Corn Dogs: I have used Trader Joe’s Turkey hot dogs here. But really any brand and any type works.
Variations and Substitutions
Any meat: You can pick corn dogs of your choice with the meat of your choice like chicken, turkey or regular hot dogs.
Vegan: You also get vegan hot dogs these days. Pick those if you are vegan.
1. Classic: Serve with ketchup and mustard on the side as is commonly done.
2. Spicy: I love to serve these air fryer corn dogs with a spicy mayo or Sriracha sauce.
3. Serve with dips: Most dips will work well here. For a different taste try gochujang aioli or avocado sauce. Both are creamy in taste.
Preheat air fryer at 375F or 190C for 5 minutes.
Take out frozen corn dogs from your freezer. There is no need to thaw them.
Place as many corn dogs as you need in the air fryer basket. Here, I have taken 2 corn dogs as a single serve.
You can place upto 4-6 at one go.
Air fry at 375F or 190C for 13-15 minutes or till they are crispy outside and heated through.
Take out your frozen corn dogs done in air fryer and serve them hot with dips of choice. Enjoy.
Do not thaw the frozen corn dogs. They get nice and crispy when cooked from frozen.
Ensure that there is enough space between them for circulation of heated air so that they cook evenly.
There is no need to flip them midway while air frying.
You can also cook them in microwave or deep fry them.
Why are my corn dogs not crispy?
Ensure you are not overcrowding the air fryer. Proper air circulation is vital.
Can I freeze these?
Since you are cooking these corn dogs from frozen, I would not suggest freezing them again. Air fry as many as you are planning to consume right away.
Here’s the recipe card:
📖 Recipe Card
Air fryer Corn Dogs
- 2 Frozen Corn Dogs
- Preheat air fryer at 375F or 190C for 5 minutes.
- Take out frozen corn dogs from your freezer. There is no need to thaw them.
- Place as many corn dogs as you need. Here, I have taken 2 corn dogs as a single serve.
- You can place upto 4-6 at one go.
- Air fry at 375F or 190C for 13-15 minutes or till they are crispy outside and heated through.
- Take out your frozen corn dogs done in air fryer and serve them hot with dips of choice. Enjoy.