Dahi puri is tasty with tangy, sweet and spicy flavours. It is a popular street food or chaat in India. It is really easy to make at home. I promise you that it will be loved by your family and it is a perfect appetizer for parties. Just have everything ready and you can assemble it pretty quickly. Follow my easy recipe for how to make dahi puri at home.
Dahi Puri Recipe | How to Make Dahi Puri
- 12-15 puris
- 1 cup curd
- 1 tsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. black salt
- ¼ tsp. red chilli powder
- ½ cup chopped potatoes
- ½ cup chopped onions
- some chaat masala
- sweet imli or date chutney
- green chutney
- some thin sev
- I buy readymade puris. You can make them as well at home though that is time consuming.
- Keep all the veggies chopped and make the chutneys. You can also buy date and tamarind chutneys in the market if you don't wish to make them.
- Beat the curd and add black salt and sugar to it. Taste and add more salt if needed. It should be very slightly sweet.
- To assemble:
- Make holes in the puris.
- Fill a little potato onion mixture in it.
- Now put in about a tablespoon of beaten curd. Add the sweet and green chutney.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala.
- Now sprinkle some sev on top and serve immediately.
- Your dahi puri is ready to serve.
So your delightful dahi puri is ready to consume. Enjoy your hearty delicious and clean chaat at home.
If you like the recipe, do share it. Also let me know if you try it.
Here's the green chutney recipe that you can try for this dish.
Do you want a FREE 4 week Lunchbox Planner with different daily lunch ideas along with BONUS Snack ideas, all healthy and wholesome with recipe links? Get it here.