Dahi puri is tasty with tangy, sweet and spicy flavours. It is a popular street food or chaat in India. It is really easy to make at home. I promise you that it will be loved by your family and it is a perfect appetizer for parties. Just have everything ready and you can assemble it pretty quickly. Follow my easy recipe for how to make dahi puri at home.
📖 Recipe Card
Dahi Puri Recipe | How to Make Dahi Puri
- 12-15 puris
- 1 cup curd
- 1 tsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. black salt
- ¼ tsp. red chilli powder
- ½ cup chopped potatoes
- ½ cup chopped onions
- some chaat masala
- sweet imli or date chutney
- green chutney
- some thin sev
- I buy readymade puris. You can make them as well at home though that is time consuming.
- Keep all the veggies chopped and make the chutneys. You can also buy date and tamarind chutneys in the market if you don't wish to make them.
- Beat the curd and add black salt and sugar to it. Taste and add more salt if needed. It should be very slightly sweet.
- To assemble:
- Make holes in the puris.
- Fill a little potato onion mixture in it.
- Now put in about a tablespoon of beaten curd. Add the sweet and green chutney.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala.
- Now sprinkle some sev on top and serve immediately.
- Your dahi puri is ready to serve.
So your delightful dahi puri is ready to consume. Enjoy your hearty delicious and clean chaat at home.
If you like the recipe, do share it. Also let me know if you try it.
Here's the green chutney recipe that you can try for this dish.
Do try out these other chaats: pani puri, dahi vada .
Do you want a FREE 4 week Lunchbox Planner with different daily lunch ideas along with BONUS Snack ideas, all healthy and wholesome with recipe links? Get it here.
Looks so delicious & tempting !
Nabanita Dhar says
This is making me drool! Maybe we should have pani puris when we meet 🙂
Sanch @ Sanch Writes says
Oh that looks so delicious! I love pani puri, bhel puri and dahi puri...I think that's what I'm looking forward to most when I visit India later this year!
Yes, the chaats are a definite draw.
Parul Thakur says
That is so so tempting, Rachna! I will try this at home. may be ?
Hey Parul. You should come home yaar. You and Soumya some day and I will cook something nice for you guys.
Parul Thakur says
I’d love to. As much as I would love to eat, the idea of spending relaxed time with you would be amazing. Some days I wonder if we could start kitty parties. ?
Soumya Prasad says
This is the first thing I read today and now I’m salivating! It looks so delicious! You should have a chaat party at home and call all of us ?
Yes, let's plan a chaat party. You guys can come home. Let me know which Sunday you are free.