Baba Ganoush is a middle eastern style roasted eggplant dip that is delicious to eat. It is vegan and relatively healthy. Pair it with nachos, chips or cut vegetables.
I enjoy roasting eggplant to make Indian baingan bharta or spicy eggplant mash often.
Sometimes, I just roast more eggplants to make this dip. It is really tasty and a quick and easy recipe.
How to Make The Perfect Baba Ganoush
1. Roast your eggplant well so that it is cooked inside with a nice smokey flavor.
2. You can use store-bought Tahini paste. I normally make my own and store extra in the fridge. It has a lovely nutty taste. I have shared the recipe to make Tahini paste in the instructions.
3. You also need extra virgin olive, garlic, lemon juice and salt for the recipe.
Here is the recipe card:
Baba Ganoush | Delicious Roasted Eggplant Dip Recipe
- 1 eggplant charred on the gas stove till well cooked
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. Tahini paste
- 2 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- Cool the roasted eggplant and peel it.
- It will be mushy.
- Blend it with garlic cloves and some salt in a blender till smooth and creamy. Don't add any water.
- Now add 2-3 tbsp. of Tahini paste to it and mix well.
- Add lemon juice and mix.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and serve.
To Make Tahini
- Lightly toast 3 tbsp. of white sesame seeds till they are golden. Now blend it with 1-2 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil till it is shiny and creamy.
- Use it immediately. You can make larger batches and store it in the fridge for future use too. Will keep for a week.
You can make it at a fraction of a cost at home from what you pay at the restaurant. So try it and let me know how you liked it.
If you enjoyed the recipe, please give it a star * rating. Thanks.