Air fryer Old Bay shrimp is such a delicious shrimp main which is done in under 10 minutes. Making them in the air fryer is genius as it is so quick and flavourful.
Old Bay seasoning is so good with seafood though I must tell you that I find it so versatile and use it with everything that I cook.
The recipe is so easy that a newbie will be able to serve a delicious main in no time.
It barely takes any time either. Do give it a try.
Some of my other favourite air fryer shrimp recipes are: air fryer lemon pepper shrimp, air fryer Cajun shrimp, air fryer bang bang shrimp, air fryer bacon wrapped shrimp, coconut shrimp in air fryer, tandoori shrimp.
I love cooking raw shrimp in my air fryer. Shrimp is done quickly and cooks uniformly.
From breaded to just tossed with seasoning, it is so delicious. As I am a shrimp lover, I make shrimp very often at home.
You can even use frozen shrimp which is done in no time.
This air fryer shrimp with Old Bay seasoning needs just 4 ingredients for a delectable flavour.
1. Shrimp: I use 1 lb. or about 500 gm. jumbo shrimp. You can use medium shrimp too.
2. Old Bay seasoning: For a nice spicy kick, I use about 1 tbsp.
3. Olive oil: Tastes perfect, I use about 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil in this recipe.
4. Lemon juice: I used 1 tsp. of lemon juice in this recipe.
Variations and Substitutions
1. This recipe is dairy free, but if you are looking for more indulgence drizzle with some butter or garlic butter when serving.
2. You can adjust the amount of spice by adjusting the quantity of Old Bay seasoning used. If you like more heat, add some chilli flakes or pepper.
3. Of course, garlic is welcome. I never shy away from using more of it, so add some garlic to the shrimp before air frying.
1. Air fryer shrimp with Old bay seasoning can be served as an appetizer with a cocktail sauce or any sauce of choice.
2. You can serve it as a main by pairing with a nice salad for a delightful meal.
3. You can also serve them in tacos or wraps as a tasty protein element.
The recipe is as easy as tossing the shrimp in the seasonings and oil and air frying.
Use peeled and deveined shrimp. I leave the tails on but you can just leave them off.
Add lemon juice to Old Bay seasoning along with olive oil and mix together.
Toss your shrimp in this seasoning mix.
Preheat the air fryer at 200C or 390F for 5 minutes.
Just lay your shrimp in one layer in the air fryer basket.
Air fry at 200C or 390F for 3-4 minutes depending upon the size of your shrimp.
We do not want the shrimp to overcook as its texture gets terrible.
Take them out and serve hot.
Your air fryer shrimp with Old Bay seasoning is ready to serve. Such an easy and tasty recipe. Give it a try. You will love it.
1. Do not overcrowd the basket while cooking the shrimp. That way they cook evenly.
2. Check the shrimp regularly so as not to overcook them.
3. You can easily customise the seasoning as per your taste. Add pepper, chilli flakes, garlic for enhanced flavour. You can also use other seasoning mixes like Cajun seasoning, Jamaican jerk seasoning etc.
4. Make it a bit more luxurious by drizzling with some melted butter or with a burnt butter sauce while serving.
1. Can I use frozen shrimp for this recipe?
Yes, frozen shrimp can be used here. Thaw them first by keeping them in water for 6-8 minutes and then use.
2 How can I store leftover shrimp with Old Bay seasoning?
Leftover shrimp can be refrigerated in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Then you can reheat till heated through in the air fryer for about 2 minutes at 390F or 200C and serve.
You can freeze them and store for upto 2 months in your freezer. Reheat in air fryer and serve.
Here’s the recipe card:
📖 Recipe Card
Air fryer Old Bay Shrimp
- 1 lb. Jumbo Shrimp or about 500 gm.
- 2 tbsp. Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. Lemon juice
- The recipe is as easy as tossing the shrimp in the seasonings and oil and air frying.
- Use peeled and deveined shrimp. I leave the tails on but you can just leave them off.
- Add lemon juice to Old Bay seasoning along with olive oil and mix together.
- Toss your shrimp in this seasoning mix.
- I have not preheated the air fryer for this recipe.
- Just lay your shrimp in one layer in the air fryer basket. Air fry at 200C or 390F from 4-6 minutes depending upon the size of your shrimp.
- We do not want the shrimp to overcook as its texture gets terrible.
- Take them out and serve hot.
- Your air fryer shrimp with Old Bay seasoning is ready to serve. Such an easy and tasty recipe. Give it a try. You will love it.