Frozen Shrimp is super convenient, quick and easy to do in air fryer. You will have a delicious main in under 30 minutes, from freezer to plate.
I make a lot of recipes in air fryer with thawed raw shrimp like air fryer lemon pepper shrimp, air fryer Cajun shrimp, air fryer bang bang shrimp, air fryer bacon wrapped shrimp, coconut shrimp in air fryer, tandoori shrimp.
But, sometimes it is super convenient to cook with frozen shrimp from the freezer without thawing it to save time while cooking.
This recipe is really easy to make and is versatile as one can try various spice mixes here.
Ingredients to Use
- Frozen shrimp: I prefer to use peeled, deveined with tails on raw shrimp that is frozen. You can use cooked frozen shrimp too. They will take fewer minutes than the raw ones.
- Seasoning: I have used pepper garlic butter for this recipe. It is easy and delicious. You can try out other seasoning mixes like Cajun spice, fajita seasoning, just salt, pepper and lemon juice too.
Let me tell you a secret. There was a time when I just air fried the shrimp without adding any seasoning. They tasted spectacular.
The sweet taste of shrimp really is most appetizing. Serve it with any dip of choice, and it is perfect.
It is also so easy to do from frozen. I always keep frozen shrimp in my freezer, so this is a godsend.
Take out frozen shrimp from the freezer. Mine had got clumped together. I put them as is in the air fryer.
Place frozen raw shrimp without thawing in the air fryer basket. Spray or brush oil/butter mixed with salt, pepper and minced garlic.
Air fry at 200C or 390F for about 5 minutes. Flip the shrimp once.
Air fry for another 5 minutes at 200C or 390F till the shrimp are cooked through and turn opaque throughout.
This time will vary a bit depending upon the size of your shrimp. I have used large ones here.
Do not overcook shrimp or they become rubbery. Serve hot.
Your delicious air fryer shrimp is ready to eat.
Here's the recipe card:
Air fryer Frozen Shrimp
- 1 lb. frozen raw shrimp or 450 gm.
- 1 tbsp. oil or butter for brushing or spraying on the shrimp
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Garlic minced optional
- Take out frozen shrimp from the freezer. Mine had got clumped together. I put them as is in the air fryer.
- Place frozen raw shrimp without thawing in the air fryer. Add salt, pepper and garlic (optional) to oil or butter. Apply all over the shrimp.
- Lay the shrimp in one layer in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 200C or 390F for about 5 minutes. Flip the shrimp.
- Air fry for another 5 minutes at 200C or 390F till the shrimp are cooked through and turn opaque throughout.
- This time will vary a bit depending upon how big or small the shrimp is.
- Do not overcook shrimp or they become rubbery. Serve hot.
- Your delicious air fryer shrimp are ready to eat.
2.You can use this recipe for both raw and cooked frozen shrimp. Cooked shrimp will take lesser time to air fry than raw shrimp. About half the time or 5 minutes at 200C or 390F.
3. The shrimp comes out slightly crispy outside and succulent and sweet tasting on the inside.
4. The air frying time will vary depending upon the size of shrimp. I used large ones here.
If you liked the recipe, please leave a star * rating. Thanks.