Making garlic bread in my air fryer is super simple. I love how versatile and easy this recipe is even for novice cooks.
I love to make it with baguette as well as ciabatta. Best part, I can make it as buttery or not as I like.
Perfect side for sure and so very easy to do homemade. I mostly make it with baguette but ciabatta works just as well.
- Butter or vegan butter
- Parmesan cheese or vegan cheese
- Garlic lots of it
- Chilli flakes or parsley
Vegan: This recipe turns out perfect using vegan butter in place of regular butter and vegan cheese in place of regular cheese.
1. You can store the cooked garlic bread at room temperature. Storing it in fridge is not such a good option as the bread dries out quickly and becomes crusty or stale.
2. You can also freeze the bread in freezer for up to 3 months.
You can use frozen garlic bread in the air fryer, but I have always found it be heavier and not as good as having unfrozen garlic bread.
Garlic bread is lightly toasted with the garlic butter to give a nice crispy bread. If you have it right away, it stays crisp and not soggy.
Cut the bread into slices. Then you just need to air fry for 3-5 minutes for nice, soft lightly toasted bread.
Yes, once prepared it is best to leave it out at room temperature and consume it when you can. You can also refrigerate or freeze it. But having it at room temperature after preparation is the best.
Cut the bread (baguette loaf) into ½ inch thick slices at a diagonal.
Mix together softened butter/vegan butter, cheese, and minced garlic in a bowl. You may add some finely chopped parsley if you like.
Your garlic butter is ready to spread on the bread.
Now spread this garlic butter to your bread slices.
You can apply more or less as per your liking.
Air frying Instructions
Preheat the air fryer at 180 C or 360 F for 4 minutes.
Arrange the slices in the Air fryer basket.
Air fry for 2-4 minutes at 360F or 180C till nicely crispy and edges are browned.
Do it for a minute or two if you want softer chewy bread. 2-4 minutes are good for more toasty bread. Also no need to flip the bread.
Take it out and sprinkle some chilli flakes (optional) if you so like.
Serve warm with a dip of your choice. Though I just love to have it as is. It is a delicious side.
Preheat oven to 350F or 175C. Keep bread with garlic butter in the oven.
Toast or bake for 15 minutes till golden brown at 350F or 175C. Enjoy.
Hope you liked this recipe of air fryer garlic bread with sliced bread.
Here's the recipe card:
Air fryer Garlic Bread
- 4 slices baguette
- 2 tbsp. butter or vegan butter at room temperature
- ½ cup Parmesan
- 1 tbsp. garlic finely chopped
- ½ tsp. parsley
- ½ tsp. chilli flakes optional
- Cut the bread into ½ inch thick slices at a diagonal. I am using four slices in one batch.
- Mix together softened butter/vegan butter, parmesan or vegan cheese and minced garlic in a bowl. You may add some finely chopped parsley if you like.
- Spread this garlic butter on your bread slices. You can apply more or less as per your liking. I
Air fryer Instructions
- Preheat the air fryer at 180 C or 360 F for 4 minutes. Arrange the slices in the Air fryer basket.
- Air fry for 2-4 minutes at 180C or 360F till nicely crispy and edges are browned. 2 minutes are enough for softer chewy bread while 2-4 minutes give you more toasted.
- Take it out and sprinkle some chilli flakes (optional) if you so like. Serve warm with a dip of your choice. It is a delicious side.
- Preheat oven to 350F or 175C. Keep bread with garlic butter in the oven.Toast or bake for 15 minutes till golden brown at 350F or 175C. Enjoy.
2. You can cut the bread slices diagonally or horizontally cutting them into rectangles. The rectangles will need more air frying time as they are larger.
3. Do not overcook or your bread will turn into toast. I like a light toasting so that the bread is nice and soft but well toasted outside.
4. You can microwave the butter for about a minute if taking it out of the refrigerator. This will make it softer and easier to spread.
5. You can adjust the quantity of butter to how much you like to put on top of your garlic bread. I prefer a thin spread.
6. More garlic is better as this is the main flavouring component here. Go as per your taste.
7. You can store this bread at room temperature and it stays good for a few hours. You can also store in the fridge or freeze it for later use. 8. The Nutrition values are just an estimate.
If you liked this recipe, I request you to leave a star * rating. Thanks.