This air fryer banana bread is a delicious sweet treat that is just perfect as a small dessert or tea cake. Quick and easy to do in the air fryer.
Banana Bread is my go-to when I am craving a sweet treat and when the bananas on my table are overripe.
The recipe is super easy and needs ingredients you will easily have in your pantry.
If you have dairy, adding ghee will make your banana bread taste go to next level.
What You Need for Banana Bread
1. Bananas (obviously!) overripe ones
2. Milk or Plant-based Milk
3. Egg or ½ banana more
4. Ghee or Vegetable oil of choice
5. Wholewheat Flour
6. Baking Powder
7. Brown sugar or Jaggery
8. Nuts of choice
9. Optional additives vanilla extract, chocolate chips
Tips to Make the Best Banana Bread
1. Use overripe bananas or those that are very easy to mash with a fork in the recipe.
2. Milk or plant based milk work equally well.
3. I love to make this with whole wheat flour. You could use all-purpose flour too in the recipe. In which case you can skip baking powder.
4. Ghee does make it taste special. But if you prefer dairy free, any oil that does not have a very strong smell will work.
5. Additives like vanilla, chocolate chips, more or different nuts work well.
6. Do not overmix the bread batter.
7. I love the dark brown crust this bread has. But you can cover the top with foil halfway into the cook time to prevent that from happening.
8. I have used a 6” regular cake tin that I had. You can use 5” tin too. Check if it fits well into your air fryer.
This recipe is vegetarian as it makes use of milk, egg and ghee (clarified butter). You can make it vegan or dairy free by using plant-based milk, vegetable oil and more banana.
Gather together the ingredients: bananas, milk, ghee, brown sugar, baking soda, wholewheat flour.
Mix together mashed banana, milk, ghee, egg and brown sugar.
If using vanilla extract add here.
Mix together flour and baking soda. Add this to the wet ingredients.
Mix only till well incorporated. Do not overmix.
Preheat air fryer at 160C for 4 minutes.
Grease the sides of a 6” pan or use a parchment paper to line and grease that.
Pour banana bread batter into it. Top with almond slivers.
Air fry for 25 minutes at 160C or till it is done.
Use toothpick to check. Cool for 10 minutes and then cut and serve.
You will get nice four serves which is a perfect one time treat especially for my family of four.
Serve hot as it is or with ice cream.
Here's the recipe card:
Air fryer Banana Bread
- 2 medium banana mashed
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- ¼ cup milk or plant-based milk
- ¾ cup wholewheat flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. ghee or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon slivers of almonds or walnuts
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract optional
- Mix together mashed banana, milk, ghee and brown sugar. If using vanilla extract add here.
- Mix together flour and baking soda. Add this to the wet ingredients.
- Mix only till well incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Preheat air fryer at 160C for 4 minutes.
- Grease the sides of a 6” pan or use a parchment paper to line and grease that.
- Pour banana bread batter into it. Top with almond slivers.
- Air fry for 25 minutes at 160C or till it is done.
- Use toothpick to check. Cool for 10 minutes and then cut and serve.
- You will get nice four serves which is a perfect one time treat especially for my family of four.
2. For vegans, use ½ banana more in place of egg, plant-based milk and vegetable oil in place of ghee.
3. Always use overripe bananas or those that are easy to mash in this recipe.
4. Use a toothpick to check for doneness. It should come out clean when you poke in the center.
5. You can use walnuts or even cashews in this bread.
6. Using chocolate chips or cocoa nibs is delicious too.
If you liked the recipe, please give it a star * rating. Thanks.