Air fryer avocado fries are an excellent appetizer that is crunchy outside and melting soft inside.
These avocado fries are vegan, healthy and add a crunch and spice to creamy avocado.
Very quick and simple to make, they are a fun side to have. This recipe has no eggs and no flour.
Take an avocado. Cut into half and remove the seed.
Remove the skin and cut each half into 4-5 fries or wedges. It is best to use avocado which is not too ripe or it will get very mushy and breakdown.
Take 1 cup breadcrumbs. Add Italian seasoning, cayenne and salt and mix well.
You could also add a tbsp. of grated cheddar cheese (optional) (use vegan cheese for dairy free option) if you like.
Start dipping each avocado fry in the breading and press well so that it sticks. Repeat this for all fries and keep aside.
Preheat Airfryer to 180C or 360F for 5 minutes. Brush with oil and place the fries in one layer.
Make sure there is space between them. You can use a parchment paper to line the basket for easier cleanup.
Air fry for about 8-10 minutes at 180C or 360F till nicely browned.
Remove hot when the crumbs look golden brown and crunchy.
Serve hot with dip or a spicy ketchup. Enjoy.
Here’s the recipe card:
Air fryer Avocado Fries
- 1 avocado cut into fries – about 8-10
For the coating
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning like oregano, basil etc.
- 1 tbsp. cayenne or red chilli powder use as per taste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp. cheese optional
- Vegetable oil to spray/brush
- Cut avocado into half. Remove the seed and the skin. Cut each half into 4-5 fries.
- Mix together breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, cayenne and salt. You can also add grated cheese (optional).
- Dip avocado fries in the breadcrumbs coating and press well so that they adhere well and keep aside.
- Preheat Airfryer to 180C or 360F for 5 minutes.
- Brush/Spray airfryer basket and breaded avocado wedges with oil. Now spead out the wedges in the airfryer basket and air fry for about 10 minutes at 180C or 360F till browned.
- Remove hot when the crumbs look golden brown and crunchy.
- Serve hot with a hot sauce or dip.
- Only use ripe avocados that are not mushy.
- You can use any combination of herbs with your breadcrumbs.
- If you want conventional fries, use a combination of flour (with salt and cayenne), beaten egg and breadcrumb mix. Dip each wedge first in flour, then in egg wash and finally bread it. Then air fry or bake it. You will get a thicker coating in your wedges.
- If you have an oven, bake your wedges for 10 minutes each side at 200 degrees C.
- This recipe is vegetarian and vegan.
If you liked the recipe, I request you to leave a * star rating either on the recipe card or in the comments. Thanks.