Since I have an avocado tree at home (I know you are jealous, right!), when the tree bears fruit, I have more avocados than I can consume. After regularly eating it as it is, making avocado smoothie, having it as guacamole and salad, pasta in avocado sauce, this is another variation that I like. These avocado wedges are healthy, vegan and add a crunch and spice to creamy avocado. Very simple to make, they are quick to make in an airfryer like I’ve done. But if you don’t have an airfryer, just bake them.
Here’s my healthy avocado recipe of Avocado wedges:
Healthy Vegan Avocado Wedges in an Airfryer
- 1 avocado cut into wedges – about 8 wedges
For the coating
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. mixed herbs like oregano, basil etc.
- 1 tbsp. cayenne or red chilli powder use as per taste
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil to spray/brush
- Cut avocado into wedges and remove the skin. Keep aside.
- Mix together breadcrumbs, herbs, cayenne and salt.
- Dip avocado wedges in the breadcrumbs coating so that they adhere well and keep aside.
- Preheat Airfryer to 180 degrees for 6 minutes.
- Brush airfryer basket and breaded avocado wedges with oil. Now spead out the wedges in the airfryer basket and airfry for about 10 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Remove hot when the crumbs look golden brown and crunchy.
- Serve hot with a hot sauce or green chutney.
- Only use ripe avocados that are not mushy.
- You can use any combination of herbs with your breadcrumbs.
- If you want conventional wedges, use a combination of flour (with salt and cayenne), beaten egg and breadcrumb mix. Dip each wedge first in flour, then in egg wash and finally bread it. Then airfry or bake it. You will get a thicker coating in your wedges.
- If you have an oven, bake your wedges for 10 minutes each side at 200 degrees C.
These avocado wedges are a nice healthy way of consuming avocados.
If you liked the recipe, I request you to leave a * star rating either on the recipe card or in the comments. Thanks.
You May also like:
Check out my other popular Air fryer recipes.
Please pin this