Salads are such joyful foods. I love the vibrant colours of fresh produce shining in a glossy dressing inviting you to consume health. Salads are often made with fresh vegetables, protein and cheeses. You can add or eliminate any of these and make your own version. I shared my family’s favourite cucumber and tomato salad a few days back. Since our avocado tree started yielding fruits, it was inevitable that avocado will start featuring in all the foods we make, so welcome cucumber tomato avocado salad.
I have made this salad in such a way that it will feel like a deconstructed guacamole. Guacamole is my favourite dip but sometimes I crave to have my veggies whole.
What Do You Need for This Avocado Salad
It really is a very simple recipe. You need fresh, ripe avocado and tomatoes. You can add cucumber and peppers too if you so like. I have kept the dressing light by using lime juice and extra virgin olive oil. For those who like spice, there is chopped jalapeno too and cilantro for the amazing taste.
How to Make this Avocado Cucumber Tomato Salad
1. Chop 1 avocado, 2 tomatoes, 1 cucumber, 1 red onion, 1 tbsp. cilantro and 1 jalapeno or spicy green chilli.
2. Take them in a bowl. Mix together 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil and lime juice. Pour it over the chopped veggies and mix.
3. Refrigerate and keep. Just before serving sprinkle 1 tsp. salt and 1 tsp. pepper and serve cold.
Avocado Cucumber Tomato Salad
- 1 avocado diced
- 2 tomatoes cut into ⅛ths
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 cucumber diced
- 1 jalapeno finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. cilantro finely chopped
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper powder
- Chop 1 avocado, 2 tomatoes, 1 cucumber, 1 red onion, 1 tbsp. cilantro and 1 jalapeno or spicy green chilli.
- Take them in a bowl. Mix together 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil and lime juice. Pour it over the chopped veggies and mix.
- Refrigerate and keep. Just before serving sprinkle 1 tsp. salt and 1 tsp. pepper and serve cold.
2. This salad does not need marination. Just make and serve.
3. You can skip the jalapeno if you don’t like it.
4. You can use other veggies like cut peppers, boiled corn etc.
5. You can use garlic powder, dry oregano etc. if you like.
6. You can also add boiled or canned chickpeas or kidney beans to this salad. Crumbled feta tastes delicious too.
This really is a fantastic summer salad. Feel free to use other veggies of your choice like steamed corn or sautéed zucchini if you wish to.
This tasty salad is a huge hit at home. It is filling and healthy. You can have it for a light lunch as well. This salad is great for vegans as well as those on a keto diet.
If you liked this recipe, I request you to leave a star * rating for it. Thanks.
You May Also Like: