This Greek yogurt recipe is the simplest to make and delightfully refreshing in summer. We call it sweet lassi too which is regularly had in the North of India.
Smoothies made with yogurt are a super healthy high protein food that could easily double up as a quick breakfast, an after-workout snack or even a light meal.
Different Greek Yogurt Smoothies:
- Banana: I often add a banana and a few nuts to get more bang for the buck in my smoothie. Trust me, this is super filling and nutitious.
- Strawberry: Berries taste so good in smoothies. They are my favourite way of adding fruit to my smoothie.
- Mango: It is my favourite summer fruit and mango smoothie is really a favourite of mine. I add a few strands of saffron dissolved in little water for a rich colour and taste.
- Spinach and chia seed smoothie: This works really well as a post-workout smoothie for me.
- High protein Greek yogurt smoothie: Add a scoop of your protein powder to your Greek yogurt smoothie. This is a perfect high protein smoothie, very filling and perfect after a good strength training workout.
Here’s my sweet Greek yogurt smoothie recipe as I make it at home:
📖 Recipe Card
Sweet Lassi Recipe | Greek Yogurt Smoothie
- 1 cup Greek yogurt or thick curd
- 1 cup chilled water
- 2 tbsp. sugar or honey
- ½ tsp. green cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp. whipped cream to top up optional
- nuts Slivered
- Ice cubes
- I normally whip the curd or yoghurt for about 2 minutes using a whisk till it super smooth.
- Add chilled water, sugar and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Pour into glasses and serve chilled topped with whipped cream and slivered nuts. Add ice cubes if needed.
- I don’t like my smoothie to be very thick hence I add water to it. Feel free to skip it if you like your smoothie thick.
- Also on a regular basis, I avoid cream. Just having it plain with sugar or honey and cardamom powder is incredibly delicious and nutritious.
- Make sure your Greek yogurt or curd is not sour.
- Adjust the sugar as per your taste.
- You can use fruits or try any of the other variations that I have mentioned.
Hope you enjoyed this delightful Greek yogurt recipe. Do make it this summer in your home. After all yoghurt is really so delicious and healthy.
If you liked this Yoghurt smoothie or sweet lassi recipe I request you to give a * star rating either on the recipe or when you comment. Thank you.
You may also like:
Watermelon mint lemonade recipe
Please do share with your friends.
Sonia Chatterjee says
This is our staple drink in the summers. I usually add a pinch of rock salt to balance the sweetness and garnish with cut cashews and raisins for my toddler.
I have a similar recipe and pic sitting in my phone. Love lassi specially summers. And, Ramzaan.
Shilpa Garg says
My fav drink, anytime, anywhere!!