I have many pasta recipes on the blog and this spaghetti with chicken meatballs is very popular with my kids. This is a delicious pasta dish with healthy chicken meatballs. I prefer to air fry my chicken meatballs or lightly saute in oil. These meatballs work as a lovely appetizer on their own as they are nicely spiced.
Check out my detailed recipe:
📖 Recipe Card
Spaghetti with chicken meatballs | Spaghetti Recipes
For around 20 medium sized meatballs
- ¾ lb. Chicken mince
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 2-3 sprigs basil you may use rosemary or parsley too
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 egg
- ½ cup breadcrumbs made with 2 bread slices
- salt to taste
For the spaghetti:
- 1 packet spaghetti or 500 gm.
For the tomato sauce:
- 2 cups Tomato puree
- 1 onion finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic finely diced
- 1 chilli finely chopped
- Basil leaves large handful
- 1 tsp. Freshly ground black pepper powder
- ⅓ tsp. oregano powder
- 2 tbsp. grated cheese
- a pinch of sugar
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil for cooking
How to make healthy chicken meatballs
- To make the meatballs, mince together chicken breast with chopped basil, black pepper, salt and chopped garlic.
- Break the egg in a bowl and beat it lightly. Now add the egg and fresh breadcrumbs to the chicken mince mix and mix well.
- Form meatballs of the desired size with your hands.
For skillet or pan frying meatballs
- Heat one tbsp. oil on the skillet and cook the meatballs by moving them around till they are browned.
For Air frying meatballs
- Preheat Air fryer to 200 C or 390 F for minutes. Then Air fry for about 10-12 minutes till they are done and lightly browned. Brush/spray your meatballs and the basket with a little oil.
For Making Spaghetti
- Cook your spaghetti according to instructions on the pack while you start preparing the sauce.
- That takes about 8-10 minutes in salted boiling water. Now drain the spaghetti and reserve some of the water to add to the sauce if it is too dry.
For Making the sauce
- This takes about 7-8 minutes. Put in the chopped basil leaves. Add salt, sugar and pepper along with oregano. Taste and check seasoning.
- In a saucepan, lightly saute finely chopped onion in olive oil till transparent. Now add in the garlic and pepper and fry for a couple of minutes more. Pour in the tomato puree and cook for some time.
- Now put in the cooked meatballs and cook it for a few minutes in the tomato sauce.
- Just before taking it off the heat, put in some grated cheese. Don't allow the sauce to become very thick. If needed add a little reserve water that you kept while cooking pasta. Put the cooked pasta back in pan and take some of the tomato sauce and mix well with pasta. Leave the rest of the sauce with meatballs to serve on top.
- Your spaghetti with meatballs are ready to serve.
Spaghetti with meatballs: To serve, take your prepared spaghetti in the plate and top up with the tomato sauce and meatballs. Serve hot with a sprinkling of cheese and fresh basil leaves. It is tasty and a complete balanced meal.
Chicken meatballs with tomato sauce: You can do away with the pasta and serve delicious chicken meatballs with tomato sauce. They make for wonderful appetizers or snacks.
Chicken meatballs with dip: Serve chicken meatballs with some salad and a dip for a tasty light meal.
Note that I prefer a bit more spice. So you may add the pepper and chilli as per the level of heat you desire. Also, you can increase the quantity of oil and deep fry your meatballs. I prefer to use less oil in my cooking.
I request you to leave a star * rating in case you like the recipe. Thanks.
You May Also Like these other chicken Air fryer recipes:
Do also try out the other pasta recipes on the blog.