Garlic and potatoes are two of my favourite food items. Is it any wonder that they taste so good together? No. Here is my simple recipe of garlic roasted potatoes that are so delicious that you will make them over and over. I made them a lot on my visit to Italy when I would pair them with eggs, cheese, toast and stirfried veggies to make a most delectable breakfast. Just thinking about it is making my mouth water. 🙂
So here's how to roast potatoes. Try this recipe. I assure you, you will love it.
Easy Garlic Roasted Potatoes
- 500 gm. potatoes I prefer to leave the skin on but you can peel it if you so like
- 7-8 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped parsley or use coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp. fresh black pepper (or
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- salt to taste
- Clean the potatoes well.
- Peel them if you don't like the peel. Cut into cubes.
- Heat oil in a deep pan.
- Add minced garlic. Let it get golden. Don't let it burn.
- Now add the chopped potatoes with salt.
- Mix well and cook on medium to low flame.
- Keep tossing them from time to time to ensure that all potatoes are evenly cooked.
- Do it slowly so that potatoes get a nice golden brown cover on the outside.
- Once they are cooked but not mushy, add pepper powder (or chilli flakes) and parsley (or coriander leaves). Toss and serve.
- Your delicious garlic roasted potatoes are done.
Do tag #rachnacooks if you make these garlic roasted potatoes recipe and share pictures. I would love to know if you tried out this easy recipe.
Do you want a FREE 4 week Lunchbox Planner with different daily lunch ideas along with BONUS Snack ideas, all healthy and wholesome with recipe links? Get it here.
Shailaja V says
Gosh, this looks so tempting! I love potatoes and anything with garlic is so tasty! My mom makes garlic rasam and we recently bought garlic pickle and Gy and I have been devouring it. 😀
I can just imagine her eyes closing in ecstasy when I make this. And this one I shall make soon! DO you parboil the potatoes before tossing them in the pan? Or just raw?
I know! Potatoes and garlic is a match made in heaven. I am sure Gy would love it. Do try. And sure, come over any time. This is super easy to make and I would surely make it for you.
When I am in a rush I use parboiled or microwave raw potato cubes for about 2 minutes. If I have more time, I cook them from scratch. 🙂
Looks so yummy, Rachna. And so easy to make too. I will be making this for tomorrow. I'm sure at least one of my boys would love this dish. Thank you for sharing. ?
Happy to help. Do let me know how it turns out when you try it.
Debbie D. says
Looks delicious and sounds easy to make. My kind of recipe! ? Will definitely try it. We always leave the skins on as well. Good fibre!
I love The flavour of garlic in food. This looks so yummm and quite easy to make too. Will give it a try ?
Nabanita Dhar says
I love potatoes. I need potatoes in everything! And potatoes with garlic, uff. I know what to make this weekend ?
Hope you liked making it, Naba. ?
Soumya Prasad says
I absolutely love roasted potatoes. I toss all the ingredients you mentioned, lay them on a baking sheet and bake it until crisp as well. They are delicious and so easy to make.
Oh yes! I make this in the air fryer too sometimes. ?