This Air fryer teriyaki tofu recipe is a delicious way to make crispy tofu in Air fryer without using any corn starch. This is an excellent vegan, gluten free recipe that is high in protein.
In case you don’t have an air fryer, you could easily pan fry it or bake it in an oven. It is also done very quickly and is delicious.
Tips to cook Tofu at home
- Tofu is cottage cheese made with soy milk. It is perfect for vegans or anyone looking for high protein food that is low on fat. If you are interested in weight loss or weight management then tofu is a good food to add to your diet.
- Using firm or extra firm tofu helps you grill or air fry it easily as it retains its shape and texture.
- Marinating tofu imparts good flavour to it as it is a bit bland otherwise.
- I love to make marinated tofu dishes like this tandoori tofu as well as this crispy tofu.
- You can also add tofu to your Chinese style stir fries with veggies or Thai curries in place of meat or dairy. It tastes really good.
Here is my recipe to air fry tofu:
Disclaimer: This post may include affiliate links. In case you buy using those links I earn a little commission at no extra cost to you. I only recommend products that I use personally and like. Do read my disclosure policy for complete information.
How to Make Air fryer Crispy Tofu Pictures
Firmly press the tofu to release all the water. You can use a tofu press, I just use my hands. Cut into cubes.
Take all the marinade ingredients and mix together to form a thick sauce. Marinate the tofu in the prepared teriyaki sauce for about 30 minutes.
Preheat Air fryer to 390 F or 200 C for 6 minutes. Brush the air fryer basket and assemble the marinated tofu cubes on the basket. Fry for about 4 minutes.
Now brush with some oil, turn the tofu pieces and air fry for about 4 minutes till tofu become crispy.
Take it out. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve hot.
Your Air fryer teriyaki tofu is ready to serve.
Here's the recipe card:
Air fryer Crispy Tofu Recipe
- 8 oz. firm tofu or 200 gm.
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. miso optional
- 1 tsp. ginger grated
- 1 tsp. pepper freshly ground
- 1 tbsp. honey vegan alternative agave nectar or maple syrup
- Salt if needed
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. sesame oil for brushing or frying
- Firmly press the tofu to release all the water. You can use a tofu press, I just use my hands. Cut into cubes.
- Take all the marinade ingredients and mix together to form a thick sauce.
- Marinate the tofu in the prepared teriyaki sauce for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat Air fryer to 390 F or 200 C for 6 minutes.
- Brush the air fryer basket and assemble the marinated tofu cubes on the basket. Fry for about 4 minutes.
- Now brush with some oil, turn the tofu pieces and air fry for about 4 minutes till tofu become crispy.
- Take it out and you can pour the leftover sauce on top. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve hot.
- Or you can just serve the crispy air fried tofu as it is. This time I served it crispy. Sometimes I like it with leftover sauce.
- It is important to press the tofu well to release all its water. This helps it to better soak in the flavours of the marinade as well as get crispy.
- This recipe is mildly spicy. You can adjust spices as per your liking.
- You can use parchment paper or foil to place you tofu pieces. This is to prevent any dripping.
- I love to serve with homemade vegetable noodles. You can also serve as an appetizer.
- You can also pan fry the marinated tofu in oil or grill or bake it in the oven.
- Do refer to the step-by-step pics below the recipe card to help you understand the recipe better.
- Since soy sauce already has salt, do taste the marinade before adding any more.
- You can use any vegetable oil in case you don't have sesame oil.
If you liked the recipe, please give it a star * rating.
You May Also Like