These bacon wrapped chicken bites in air fryer are a delicious and flavourful main that gets done in under 30 minutes. Low carb and keto main or appetiser.
These bacon wrapped chicken bites are made using chicken breast. I cut each breast into bite-sized pieces.
You can use pre-cut chicken cubes or even use tenders for this recipe.
It is super simple to make and you can prep fairly large batches for get togethers or game day.
You may also like: Air fryer pigs in a blanket, air fryer bang bang shrimp, air fryer sausages, air fryer chicken burgers, air fryer jalapeno poppers, air fryer bacon wrapped shrimp.
Tips for Making Perfect Bacon Wrapped Chicken in Air fryer
1. Cut chicken breast pieces of similar sizes so that they cook well. About 1’’ thickness is fine.
2. If your chicken bites are thicker then you will need more time for air frying.
3. In case you are going to air fry later, it is best to wrap chicken bites in bacon and then put them in fridge or freezer.
4. I have used Sriracha sauce here because I love the chicken to be spicy. You can use BBQ sauce or hot sauce or any other rub of choice. An easy rub is ½ tsp. salt, ½ tsp. pepper, 1 tsp. garlic powder, ½ tsp. paprika or cayenne and 2 tsp. olive oil
5. I use thin cut bacon strips so that they cook well and I cut each strip into half as that helps in wrapping well.
6. I preheat the air fryer so that the bacon starts sizzling right away in a hot air fryer.
This recipe is naturally dairy free and gluten free.
Cut chicken breast into bite-sized pieces of similar sizes about 1” in thickness and double the length.
Cut each bacon strip into half. I used thin-cut bacon. Take Sriracha sauce in a bowl. Use as much or as little as per taste. I like it spicy so I used more.
Use Sriracha sauce to brush each chicken bite. Then wrapped it in half slice of bacon. Repeat the same for each chicken bite.
Keep it cold in the fridge or freezer.
Air frying Instructions
Preheat air fryer at 390F or 200C for 3 minutes.
This is so that bacon sizzles as soon as it gets into the air fryer.
Place bacon wrapped chicken in your air fryer basket ensuring that they have enough space between them to cook.
Air fry for about 9-12 minutes at 390F or 200C. There is no need to flip them midway.
This recipe is tested in basket style Philips air fryer. Your timing may vary a bit depending upon air fryer model.
Your chicken should be well cooked and bacon nicely browned and cooked. Internal temperature of chicken must be 165F if you are using a meat thermometer.Take it out and serve hot with a dip of choice.
Here's the recipe card:
📖 Recipe Card
Air fryer Bacon Wrapped Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces of 1 lb. or 500 gm.
- 4 strips bacon cut into halves
- 1 tbsp. Sriracha sauce or any sauce or rub of your choice See Notes
- Take chicken breasts and cut them into bite-sized pieces. I normally cut them of 1 inch width and about 2 inches in length.
- Cut your bacon strips in half and keep aside.
- Now brush each chicken bite with sriracha sauce. I love the heat and flavour of this. Use as much or as little as per taste. I like it spicy so I used more. Feel free to use any rub or sauce of choice.
- Tightly wrap the bacon around the chicken bite.
- You can refrigerate them for about 15 minutes before air frying if you like.
- Preheat air fryer at 390F or 200C for 3 minutes. This is so that the bacon sizzles as soon as it gets into the air fryer.
- Place bacon wrapped chicken bites onto the air fryer basket.
- Air fry for about 9-12 minutes at 390F or 200C. There is no need to flip them midway.
- This recipe is tested in basket style Philips air fryer. Your timing may vary a bit depending upon air fryer model.
- Internal temperature of chicken must be 165F if you are using a meat thermometer.
- Take them out and serve hot with a dip of choice. Chipotle mayo goes well.
- These taste best hot off the air fryer. Reheating them may make the chicken dry.
- Bake them in a preheated oven at 390F for 22 minutes or till the bacon is browned and chicken is cooked
2. Chilling chicken pieces with bacon wrapped on them helps in them holding their shape better.
3. You can use BBQ sauce or hot sauce in place of Sriracha sauce or any rub of your choice. An easy rub is ½ tsp. salt, ½ tsp. pepper, 1 tsp. garlic powder, ½ tsp. paprika or cayenne and 2 tsp. olive oil
4. Use thin cut bacon strips so that they cook well and cut each strip into half as that helps in wrapping well.
5. Preheating the air fryer helps the bacon to start sizzling right away and also retains the bacon wrap well.
If you liked the recipe, I request you to leave a star * rating. Thank you.
Suja md says
Wow! this is my new favorite recipe!
These were really good and really simple. I actually used Frank's Red Hot since I'm not a huge sriracha fan. Next time I'll try adding a bit of blue cheese. Delicious!
Oh yes hot sauce works perfectly!
Carrie Robinson says
Everything is better wrapped in bacon! 🙂 They look absolutely delicious.
Thanks so much!
This is the kind of recipe the AF was made for. Tender juicy chicken with the most perfectly crispy cooked bacon on the outside!
Beth Sachs says
Bacon wrapped chicken is a winner in my book. Delicious family food and one to add to my air fryer recipe collection!