This golden milk or turmeric milk as we call it in India has been had since centuries. It helps with periodic sniffles and cold. It also aids sleep.
I don’t think we Indians can think of cooking without turmeric powder. It is used in our dishes, curries, dry preparations and even in this golden turmeric milk. Turmeric has great antioxidant properties and is an immunity booster.
Mum would make us have this turmeric latte or turmeric milk religiously through winter especially if we had the sniffles.
One glass of this turmeric latte at bedtime not only helps you sleep better but it also has immense health benefits.
It will help you get rid of that sore throat and runny nose in no time. Best way to get kids feel better and in a natural manner.
I prefer to use organic haldi which is more orangish yellow in colour when I make this. Look for organic turmeric powder to up the benefits of this haldi doodh.
Here’s how to make golden turmeric milk:
Turmeric Latte Recipe | How to Make Golden Turmeric Milk
- 1 cup milk
- ½ tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp. honey or sugar
- ¼ tsp. pepper powder
- Bring milk to a boil.
- Add in turmeric powder, honey or sugar and pepper powder. Simmer on low heat for about 1 minute. Turn off the heat.
- Have it while it is still warm.
- Isn’t it super easy? Your turmeric milk is ready to have.
- You can also make this with fresh turmeric root. Just grate the turmeric and add it to the milk instead of turmeric powder.
- Both turmeric and pepper help in upping immunity and getting rid of colds and coughs.
- Even without the sniffles, having turmeric milk daily is a great way to build your body’s immunity.
- You can make this vegan by using soy milk or almond milk in place of regular milk.
This is a super easy turmeric latte recipe that you can make in under 10 minutes. If you like, have it in place of your tea or coffee in the morning as a great boost to your mornings.
Do try it out and let me know how you liked this turmeric milk recipe.
If you liked this recipe I request you to give a * star rating either on the recipe or when you comment. Thank you.
Please do share with your friends.
You may also like Lemongrass Tea Recipe