Sooji ka Halwa or Sheera Recipe is an easy halwa recipe or Indian sweet that is very commonly made in Indian homes for poojas, festivals or just as a delightful sweet. Suji halwa is very quick to rustle up and is really delicious. It uses very few ingredients and is very easy to make. In most Gujarati homes, sheera is commonly served with food. It is delicious served hot. And don’t hold back on the ghee when making this.
Here’s my easy recipe to make suji ka halwa:
Suji ka Halwa Recipe | How to Make Suji Halwa
- 1 cup rava/sooji semolina
- ¾ cup ghee
- ½ cup nuts cashews, almonds and raisins
- ¾ cup sugar vary as per sweetness preferred
- 4-5 green cardamom powdered
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- Heat ghee in a pan/kadhai. Put cashews, almonds and raisins and fry till golden brown.
- Now add the rava or sooji to this hot ghee. Fry on medium heat till rava is golden brown. Takes about 10 minutes.
- Boil 1 cup water in another pan. Add 1 cup sugar to it. Let the sugar completely dissolve and allow it to bubble for 3-4 minutes.
- To the rava add cardamom powder and milk. Be careful as the milk will sizzle and sputter. Once the milk is incorporated add the hot sugar water or chashi.
- The rava mix quickly absorbs all the liquid and fluffs up. Ensure that you’ve put adequate liquid in.
- Cover and cook on low flame for about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with some fried cashews.
- Your delicious rava sheera is ready to serve.
Hope you liked this recipe of suji ka halwa. Make this for Prasad during Janmashtami, Navratri or Diwali or any other festival time. It is also a popular Prasad for Satyanarayan poojas. It really is simple to make.
If you liked this sheera recipe do share with your friends.
For more festival recipes click here.