Making air fryer naan pizza is a true delight. It is done in no time and is a perfect thin crust pizza personal size. The kids love it. Fully customizable for toppings.
I often make pizza at home. It is a pain to bake in my OTG though as it takes much longer. For a family of four, that can be a long wait.
But in the air fryer it is super easy. Here is how I make Pizza in Air fryer using a pizza base.
Making it with store bought naan bread makes it even quicker. If you want to make your own naan bread, this is the recipe of how to make naan bread at home.
With my Philips air fryer, I can do one naan bread pizza in about 3-4 minutes. How fantastic is that!
What do You Need for Naan Pizza?
1. Tomato sauce: I make mine from scratch using 2 cups tomato puree (about 400 ml. or 14 fl. oz.), 2 tsp. olive oil, 2 cloves garlic, 1 tsp. Italian seasoning, 2 tsp. tomato ketchup, 1 tsp. chilli flakes and salt.
Adjust the seasonings as per your taste.
Make the tomato sauce thick and spreadable.
You can use store bought sauce too.
2. Naan bread: I sometimes buy the store-bought garlic naans.
But I also make it from scratch by using this Air fryer wholewheat naan recipe.
3. Mozzarella cheese: Melts so well on pizza. Get the pre-grated or pre-diced variety to reduce prep time.
For vegans get vegan mozzarella cheese.
4. Toppings: You can customize as per taste. You can only go with pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese and some basil leaves and sliced cherry tomatoes for a simple yet delicious pizza.
Or go with mushroom, green pepper, sausages as per your taste.
I use peppers, mushrooms, pickles, sometimes sausages, diced cottage cheese (or paneer), corn, olives etc..
5. Seasonings: Some oregano, Italian seasoning, pepper or chilli flakes on top are nice.
Yes, you surely can. I cook both store bought naans and those made from scratch in the air fryer. You have to cook in preheated air fryer at 390 F or 200 C for about 6-7 minutes.
Yes, you can cook frozen pizza without the need to thaw it first.
Yes, it is very easy to cook pizza in an air fryer. It is super quick as well.
Air fryer is wonderful for reheating. You can reheat precooked pizza from the fridge in the air fryer at 320 F for about 3-4 minutes or till heated through.
Step wise Pictures
Preheat Air fryer at 390 F or 200 C for 3 minutes.
Assemble the pizza by putting in the garlic naan (store bought). If making from scratch, cook for 3 minutes and then start assembling it.
Spread the prepared tomato sauce on top. Sprinkle diced mozzarella cheese. Put the toppings of your choice. I put in some more cheese for good measure.
Carefully place the naan pizza inside the air fryer basket after spraying it lightly with oil. You could use a parchment paper too.
You could alternatively assemble the naan pizza in the air fryer basket itself. Just watch out so that you don’t touch the hot air fryer.
Air fry at 390 F or 200 C for 3-4 minutes till the cheese has melted and the naan pizza is cooked. Take out and serve hot.
Delicious air fryer naan pizza is ready to serve. It feels like eating a wonderful thin crust pizza done super quickly.
Here's the recipe card:
📖 Recipe Card
Air fryer Naan Pizza
- 1 naan bread
- 2 tbsp. tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp. mozzarella cheese shredded or diced
- Basil leaves optional
- Oregano and chili flakes for garnish optional
- Preheat the air fryer at 390 F or 200 C for 3 minutes.
- Assemble your pizza. Spray the air fryer basket with some olive oil. Place the naan bread carefully.
- Spread the prepared tomato sauce on top. Sprinkle diced mozzarella cheese. Put the toppings of your choice. I put in some more cheese for good measure.
- Air fry at 390 F for about 3-4 minutes till cheese has melted, naan is nicely cooked and crispy.
- It tastes like a personal thin crust pizza that is very quickly done in the air fryer.
- Take it out and serve hot after garnish (optional).
If you liked the recipe, I request you to give a star * rating. Thanks.