These popped amaranth balls are a delicious and light any time snack bursting with energy and nutrition. These are super easy to make. Perfect for snacking.
Amaranth seed is a gluten-free grain that is high in Calcium and Protein. This tiny grain can be easily used as a salad topping or for making energy balls.
I recently made these popped amaranth vegan balls at home. You can shape the same as bars as well.
They are incredibly light and tasty. Perfect for a guilt-free evening snack that is high in nutrients. Seriously win-win!
You can buy popped amaranth and then this recipe gets even quicker.
Else, it took me about 10 minutes to pop a large cup of seeds. Rest of the process is super simple.
Here’s my recipe of high protein popped vegan amaranth balls:
📖 Recipe Card
Popped Amaranth Energy Balls
- 1 cup popped amaranth pop from seeds or use 3.5 oz. popped amaranth
- ½ cup dates
- 10-12 almonds chopped
- 10 cashews chopped
- 2 tbsp. raisins
- Pop ½ cup amaranth seeds. It doubles in volume. It is easy to do. Just remember to use a medium hot pan. Only pop about a tbsp. at a time or else some will stay unpopped and others will be burnt. See the video I have shared. Once the amaranth seeds are popped, keep them aside.
- Or you could use popped amaranth
- Process the dates in a blender to form a thick paste. You could add a tbsp. of water if it is difficult to blend.
- Meanwhile chop your almonds and cashews. Mix them with popped amaranth.
- Now add dates puree and mix everything together to form a sticky mix.
- Form round balls in the palm of your hand. This recipe makes about 12-15 balls.
- Your amaranth seed energy balls are ready to eat. Keep them in airtight containers and consume them within a week.
- If you find it tougher to form a ball or the mixture feels too dry, you could add about a tbsp. of honey or maple syrup for binding.
Here is the video link to see how amaranth is popped:
I hope you liked this recipe of Ramdana Laddu or Rajgira Laddu as it is called in Hindi.
Either way, these vegan amaranth balls are truly tasty and worth making.
Do try and let me know how they turned out.
Please share if you like this recipe.